Hiroo Onoda

Article about: He is dead ..... Hiroo Onoda - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hiroo Onoda
    P
    Many

Yes.....We know.

R.I.P. Hiroo Onoda-san
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

That is some E & E plan...I was fed up after 2 weeks talk about 30 odd years!!!...RIP ... Cheers Terry.

?

I just read that and was coming here to post it.
    RIP Hiroo Onoda

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

XxxxX

The main trouble I have with Onoda is that he(and all the others that were initially with him) were Repeatedly told that the war was Over. From what the stories tell, he and his comrades would think it over and always decided that it was "just a trick from the enemy" and would subsequently ignore it. Which, of course, would be fine and dandy, but then he would go back to Killing innocent fisherman and farmers along with doing things like destroying the farmers crops and equipment. Never any Military targets-just peaceful civilians. After awhile, this attitude goes from being devoted to duty and loyal to absurdity. Certainly, he must have known the truth. The sounds and faces of War are kind of hard to ignore, and when such hasn't been seen or observed for Decades, it is a pretty strong "Hint". From what he said himself, he spent years watching and spying on the people and the countryside. Certainly, he must have observed the lack of military operations. If he was so devoted to carrying out his "mission", then he should have gone to the large towns and disrupted the civil administrations and such, but instead was apparently quite comfortable to murdering the innocent fisherman and farmer that he would meet. And, yes-I consider "murder" the appropriate term, as after a point, like I said, he certainly had to have known about the War's end. How he justified such random shooting and destruction in his own mind is a mystery, as he deliberately left out many parts of these killings from his autobiography. The villagers and country people also attempted to communicate with him, but his reactions were always "It's a trick!" and turn violent-to the point where the villagers would actually get fed up with his shootings and began to shoot Back.
    At any rate, good or bad, be it what it is, he is now gone. A very strange little man who spent the better part of his life and youth on an island causing un-needed death and destruction. I very much doubt that the island dwellers held him in very high honor and esteem. Sleep well, Onoda...for you, the War is finally and Officially Over now.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hmmm.....When you look at it like that then maybe it's a somewhat belated 'Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence'....?

Hiroo Onoda
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.