Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

I would like help researching a German that was at bizerte

Article about: I have made a thread in German helmets and I moved it into research because I need help researching. Now to the thing I need help researching. I bought a m35 helmet that has a bullet hole in

Default I would like help researching a German that was at bizerte

I have made a thread in German helmets and I moved it into research because I need help researching. Now to the thing I need help researching. I bought a m35 helmet that has a bullet hole in the helmet. The veterans son said the vet shot at it because it was sitting on the edge of a German foxhole and it scared the Germans so much they popped up with their hands up. Due to the fact that none of the Germans were killed I think it’s possible to research who the German was. The helmet is named but some of the last name is hard to read. From what is legible it reads “Karl Shults” then there is more after “shults”. I was looking at the helmet and found scratches in the skirt of the helmet that says “May 43 Bizerte”. So I assume the helmet was captured may 1943 in bizerte. Now to the questions. I would like to know what German units were captured in bizerte by American units. Then from there I think it might be possible to find out all the Germans with the first name “Karl” and then narrow it down using what I can read of the last name. Thank you! (This is the link to the original forum) Named heer m40
    I would like help researching a German that was at bizerteI would like help researching a German that was at bizerteI would like help researching a German that was at bizerte I would like help researching a German that was at bizerteI would like help researching a German that was at bizerte

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I would like help researching a German that was at bizerte
    P
    Many

One can read on the leather : Karl Shultz. But the correct german name is written: Karl Schultz. Only the English language knows a "Sh ultz) . In Germany you will never find the name Schultz or Schulz written by a "Sh" only . I am supposed that somebody from the UK or from the States faked the soldier´s name after the war.

I believe that is a possibility. Thank you for the help