Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help to translate a letter, german to english

Article about: Hi, I hope its okay to post this here. If not I'm sorry. Anyway, I got my hands on a envelope with a few letters and a newspaper clipping. It would be great if someone could translate them.

?

Default Need help to translate a letter, german to english

Hi, I hope its okay to post this here. If not I'm sorry. Anyway, I got my hands on a envelope with a few letters and a newspaper clipping.

It would be great if someone could translate them.

I'll just start with the envelope and one letter.

Paul

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help to translate a letter, german to english
    P
    Many

Default Re: Need help to translate a letter, german to english

Feldpost number: 36977

(Mobilmachung-1.1.1940) 4. kleine Kraftwagen-Kolonne Panzer-Divisions-Kolonne 82,

(12.3.1943-7.9.1943) 4. Kraftfahr-Kompanie Panzer-Divisions-Nachschubtrupp 82,

(23.4.1944-24.11.1944) 22.11.1944 gestrichen.

Hope that is of interest?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

It certainly is, thank you very much.

I'm a bit confused though by all the different dates and all. Sorry for that, I'm pretty bad at this.

Paul

No worries Paul.

1st line gives the date from Mobilisation at the outbreak of war until 1st Jan 1940. Then the unit.

Next line: the dates the Feldpost number was used for and in conjunction with that unit.

The last line says the number was discontinued after that date. (gestrichen.)

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Now it make more sense to me, haha. Thanks Ade!

Hope we got someone that likes to translate letters around here, it would be fun to see whats written.

Paul

?

Dear miss Karin,

I received your kind letter and your postcard. I thank you with all my heart for all your efforts in finding out about Günther's fate. May god finally give us knowledge - this uncertainty is too much of a burden for all of us. We try to get in contact with comrades from Günther again and again, but so far we haven't been able to find someone who was with him until the end. Günther had to ??? (I read "Liederung zu stellen"..no clue what that means..) and hasn't been seen since. It is not yet determined if he was wounded, killed oder taken prisoner. We will have to wait and wait again. Maybe the russians will be open to reason after all and release information about our prisoners. Russian prisoners round here are receiving letters from Russia. Today I also heard that everywhere russian prisoners are working good treatment is requested. Maybe this attitude is mutual. May god give that our people are treated humanely too.
    We are happy to hear that Hans and Martin are doing well so far. We hope they all stay healthy. On 20./7. Ruth will be with us again. I've sent some pictures of us to Hans and Martin today - I hope they'll arrive safely. I'll gladly pass on your regards to Miss Wistuba. She's always visiting everytime she's arround. We rarely visit her because she lives at the other side. Ulli got married and Friedrich's wife already has a 1 year old baby. Friedrich'S wife is a really nice and kind person. I haven't met Ulli's wife yet.
    Ruth will write a letter to you soon and also send some pictures of us. From the bottom of my heart I thank you again for all your efforts- hopefully we'll be successful soon.
    Kind regards
    Mrs. K.

?

This is great! Thank you very much Lysya! I got more letters if you want/like to translate more.

Thanks again!

Paul

?

Just post the next one..I'll take a look at it.

Not exactly a Fun letter....but rather one more of frantic and frustrated worry and concern....I wonder if Günther was ever found.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

carpingtaz
    ?

Hi sorry to but in but i have been looking for ages for someone to do this ade could you help it would be very much appreciated