Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

New Law in Germany ?

Article about: https://www.bundesrat.de/SharedDocs/...cationFile&v=5

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    No; what makes you think it only applies to items made after 1945?

Basically and massively simplified, it comes down to this:

To buy/sell, import/export, stock/distribute, make/copy or use Nazi stuff = unlawful, unless it is for the purposes of public education, averting unconstitutional movements, arts, science, research, teaching, journalism or similar purposes. Collecting is generally considered such a "similiar purpose".

The amendment to the present law - if it passes in its current version - would expand the categories of banned material and would render public selling (be it on websites, in antique/militaria shops or on shows) pretty much impossible.
    Thanks for informations.
    Does it means only black market will be able to offer pieces ?
    goldmine for thiefs...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Law in Germany ?
    P
    Many

"One of the reasons for this is that legal ice cream on the Internet
    Become more active and this medium.

They are even cracking down on legal ice cream. OK they have no sense of humour but surely this is absurd.

Well, as I understand it is still possible to buy III Reich militaria from online websites (Germany based pages like weitze, kai winkler etc) for example and auctions like Militaria321.com - Auction - militaria321.com These pages even today sell III Reich items for collecting purposes only. If not, what will do all these German collectors with their now "illegal" collections? Or with items that belonged to the family? If my grandfather was in Waffen SS should I destroy his uniform, photos and awards?

It is a little bit strange that now, over 70 years after the war is over, we still deal with such "problems". After tha war ended we did not had such problems and all these items were freely traded. And now, in 2017 it is a problem because of some stupied neo-nazis. I'm not against they will ban all replicas and it is OK too that you have to cover swastika when You will sell III Reich items but my God - to ban all historical items - it is a nonsense!

Quote by ostfrontmilitaria View Post
    Well, as I understand it is still possible to buy III Reich militaria from online websites (Germany based pages like weitze, kai winkler etc) for example and auctions like Militaria321.com - Auction - militaria321.com These pages even today sell III Reich items for collecting purposes only. If not, what will do all these German collectors with their now "illegal" collections? Or with items that belonged to the family? If my grandfather was in Waffen SS should I destroy his uniform, photos and awards?
    The key word is "still"; the bill for the amendment of the law has not (yet) been passed.

Even if it is passed without changes to its present draft, the mere possession of such items - be it existing collections or familiy heirlooms - will not become illegal (as long as they are not used for unlawful purposes). Selling them will become difficult, though...

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    The key word is "still"; the bill for the amendment of the law has not (yet) been passed.

Even if it is passed without changes to its present draft, the mere possession of such items - be it existing collections or familiy heirlooms - will not become illegal (as long as they are not used for unlawful purposes). Selling them will become difficult, though...
    Would people in Germany looking to remove items from Germany be able to sell them abroad (i.e. - to the U.S.)?

Quote by carpediem View Post
    Would people in Germany looking to remove items from Germany be able to sell them abroad (i.e. - to the U.S.)?
    No, because if the amendment does go through exporting is illegal. Although collectors should be able to keep their collections if they can cite that they are doing so for educational and not glorification of fascism.

I don't want to know what flavor Nazi ice cream is...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    No, because if the amendment does go through exporting is illegal. Although collectors should be able to keep their collections if they can cite that they are doing so for educational and not glorification of fascism.
    Oh. I thought exporting was aimed more at larger volumes and not one, five or ten piece lots. That's too bad. It seems this is a law to counter a problem that doesn't exist. But, maybe it is an issue, as I don't reside in Germany.

?

This is plain crazy. It is like California banning high capacity magazines when every state around it sells them. You can legislate all the stupid laws you want, the fact is they are largely unenforceable. Are they going to open/x-ray every package leaving the country?? What has happened to our freedoms??

You'd be appalled at the absurd levels the Customs Department alone will go to...nothing would surprise me these days.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast