Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Relic Division Ident. pennant I think 2nd Motorized Infantry Division, but how if it was dug in Kurland ??

Article about: Need some help here .......... WW2 German Vehicle Identification pennant I think from the 2nd Motorized Infantry Division due to the crossed box with wheels and a number 2, also much less cl

Default Relic Division Ident. pennant I think 2nd Motorized Infantry Division, but how if it was dug in Kurland ??

Need some help here ..........

WW2 German Vehicle Identification pennant

I think from the 2nd Motorized Infantry Division due to the crossed box with wheels and a number 2, also much less clear is I think a circle with a cross and a mark outside the circle to denote motorcycles. Something that looks like the letter S above the box is for something else that I do not know of.

Seller says dug up in Kurland (Courland)
    Thing is that the 2nd ...invaded Poland in 1939 and then went on to France in 1940, no mention of being in Kurland until 1941 by which then the 2nd... had already been renamed as the 12th Panzer Division.

The only chance of a 2nd ....division Ident pennant such as this entering Kurland to be dug up 70+ years later, would have been in the boot(trunk for you americans) of a vehicle of the newly renamed 12th Panzer division. Unless I have got my identification symbol translation wrong and the sign says something else.

Looks much better now that I have varnished it twice to stop more symbol paint from flaking off.

Please see photos and you'll see why it needed sealing, though it is a very solid relic the paint isn't.

Thank you for reading and Looking forward to comments
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relic Division Ident. pennant I think 2nd Motorized Infantry Division, but how if it was dug in Kurland ??   Relic Division Ident. pennant I think 2nd Motorized Infantry Division, but how if it was dug in Kurland ??  

Relic Division Ident. pennant I think 2nd Motorized Infantry Division, but how if it was dug in Kurland ??   Relic Division Ident. pennant I think 2nd Motorized Infantry Division, but how if it was dug in Kurland ??  

Relic Division Ident. pennant I think 2nd Motorized Infantry Division, but how if it was dug in Kurland ??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic Division Ident. pennant I think 2nd Motorized Infantry Division, but how if it was dug in Kurland ??
    P
    Many