Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Research Advice

Article about: I recently came into possession of a Bronze SA Sports badge and its accompanying award document. I am not very well versed in researching using German records and wanted to know if there are

Default Research Advice

I recently came into possession of a Bronze SA Sports badge and its accompanying award document. I am not very well versed in researching using German records and wanted to know if there are any online resources where I might be able to find out more about the recipient.

-Erik
    Research Advice

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Research Advice
    P
    Many

Hi Erik.

Sometimes a Google search turns up results, then there is the Volksbund (German War Graves website) -

Gravesearch online Grabersuche-Online | Volksbund Deutsche Kriegsgraberfursorge e. V.

Ancestry is a good resource too.

Unfortunately in this case I have checked all of the above and could not find any inforamtion about Arthur.

Kind regards,

Wlll.

Erik,

You may want to try reaching out to the Bundesarchive.

Bundesarchiv Internet - Home Bundesarchiv - Website

Smitty

Arthur may not be located, his home in Worms still stands.

Research Advice

Great investigative work BC..

Well done

Smitty

Thank you all for the helpful information and thank you BC for finding his house! It seems strange that I can't find anything on him maybe I will have some luck with the German archives.

Quote by armyswimmer View Post
    Thank you all for the helpful information and thank you BC for finding his house! It seems strange that I can't find anything on him maybe I will have some luck with the German archives.
    As Willmore has suggested, genealogy sites such as findmypast or Ancestry may yield searches. His age would not necessarily suggest front line service, if he saw any at all.

Based solely upon his birth place of Mannheim, I did get this hit which may indirectly be a relative. A casualty notice from 1941.

Research Advice

I would suggest that Arthur Pfisterer, was the businessman who owned the Brewery at that time, still going today albeit under a different owner in Mannheim.

Research Advice

I came across the brewery too. I was really hoping that was him but then I came across this history of the brewery and sadly it seems that Arthur would have been too old. I had hoped maybe he had a son Arthur but it seems that the newspaper notice you posted confirms that he sadly did not.Research Advice