Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Survivors of Stalingrad by R. Busch

Article about: Just completed this book and I believe forum members will enjoy this one by author R. Busch. The book contains approximately 36 separate accounts written by survivors of the "kessel&quo

Default Survivors of Stalingrad by R. Busch

Just completed this book and I believe forum members will enjoy this one by author R. Busch. The book contains approximately 36 separate accounts written by survivors of the "kessel" who survived captivity or were flown out before the airports of Gumrak and Pitomnik were seized by the Russians. Some of the stories tell of the horror of frostbite and doctors struggling with amputations in truly horrid working conditions. Soldiers would often arrive waiting to be flown out and have to wait days before planes could land in horrid weather conditions. Believe many members will find this book informative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Survivors of Stalingrad by R. Busch
    P
    Many

itsa very good book I have got a copy.

Interestingly enough, Gumrak is the current position of Volgograd Intl. Airport. As far as I know, the Germans picked that spot because of the serious fog there, a natural camo so to speak. Currently, the airport suffers the same problems and many a flight has to turn back or circle for quite some time before being allowed to land.

ive seen this its on my list on amazon to buy just a few more books to get though first

im reading Stalingrad By Antony Beevor its really good

Quote by ironcross13 View Post
    ive seen this its on my list on amazon to buy just a few more books to get though first

im reading Stalingrad By Antony Beevor its really good
    Yeah Beevor is great and enjoyed his book on Stalingrad too. Right now reading Lenningrad by Anna Reid. About half way through it. Reveals the horror of events and the starvation that took place in the city.

yeah sounds good i will add that to my list looks good

Thanks, this is now on my wish list.

?

That book is on my Amazon list. Right now I am reading "Goodbye Transylvania". I am only about two chapters into it, and it is quite interesting. I have high hopes for it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Survivors of Stalingrad by R. Busch   Survivors of Stalingrad by R. Busch  

I knew a German veteran who was one of the "lucky ones" to be flown out...he had his leg amputated at the hip...
    Stalingrad is a special theme of mine, thanks for the reading suggestion!
    cheers, Glenn

Thanks as well for the suggestion on the Transylvania book. New one out on Hoth but have not read any rave reviews. Mentioned it before but don't forget Kiev 1941 by David Stahl. One of the best I have read. Often great detail in reading books on individual battles.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast