Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Waffen-SS Camouflage in period photos

Article about: A thread of period photos of Waffen-SS troops wearing different camouflage patterns during World War Two. Why? Because Camo is Cool and the SS always seemed to get the coolest kit. Secondly

Dutch propaganda postcard for the Germaanse SS.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen-SS Camouflage in period photos  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen-SS Camouflage in period photos
    P
    Many

The LAH, 1941, Barbarossa.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen-SS Camouflage in period photos  
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Normandy, june 1944, south of Caen, the HJ Division :
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Hello,

Its a Czech ZB37. The Germans named it the Mg30(t). Interestingly the British also used them during the war in their tanks, they didn't have time before the war to modify them to .303 so the British also used 7.92 Mauser!
    This is in answer to a question from post #58 on page 6.

Jonathan.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Attachment 1144108

12th SS Panzer-Division "Hitler Jugend", young EK2.

Blurred photo and looks like blurred Eichenlaubmuster.
    How is that EK2 hung on his uniform? The reason I ask, is because I have a EK2 that my grandfather brought back and it's hanging from a chain, which would be at about this length. He died a while back so I can't ask him. I'm thinking maybe it was a field repair? Thoughts?

I think the EK2 was just awarded to him and they just pinned it to his smock for the ceremony?

Yes, there are quite a few photos showing field awarded EK2 recipients. Looking from his face it's just been presented and probably pinned. I believe the paper packets came with a safety pin.

When I began to collect, I bought one camo cap from the HJ with the badge on. The soldier at left.

Leibermuster 1945 camo, probably the rarest of the SS camo patterns. Woolgar introduced it for us back in post#8. This six colour pattern was adapted post war by West Germany the Czechs and particularly the Swiss. WW2 photo of the camo in use are rare but there are a few.Waffen-SS Camouflage in period photos

Waffen-SS Camouflage in period photos

Leibermuster trousers and tunic, it must be 1945.

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast