Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

View Poll Results: What was the deadliest weapon in the Third Reichs arsenal ?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Junckers 87

0 0%
  • V1/V2

2 3.70%
  • Tiger V

2 3.70%
  • FW 190

1 1.85%
  • Waffen SS soldier

3 5.56%
  • U-Boote

5 9.26%
  • S-Boote

0 0%
  • PAK 88

20 37.04%
  • MG 34/42

19 35.19%
  • Other

2 3.70%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

What was the deadliest weapon in the Third Reichs arsenal ?

Article about: Would like to hear your opinions

Default Re: What was the deadliest weapon in the Third Reichs arsenal ?

Difficult one, depends what you mean by deadliest. If you mean which weapon killed the most enemies then it would probably be the K98.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What was the deadliest weapon in the Third Reichs arsenal ?
    P
    Many

?

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    I would have to say the 88 as well. These things took on so many roles... from AA to AT to AP to mounted on armored vehicles! I'm sure they gave the allies so many problems! I find it very cool that they could go from aiming 90* and firing on aircraft to horizontal and firing on tanks and infantry.

I agree that the MG 34 and 42 were awesome, and I'm sure they tore up a lot of allied troops... but how good were they at putting lead on target? I know the gunners were trained to shoot in short bursts to improve accuracy, but with these weapons was it a literal case of their "bark" being worse than their "bite"?
    I was LMG gunner on the Mg62 in the army. Only the feed mechanism in the lid and the 7.62x51 round is different from the Mg42. No problem putting rounds on target out to 600-800 meters. 1200 meters mounted in the tri pod. The barrel however has some built in slip, cousing it to "rattle" a bit spreading the group out. But you aim to shoot 7 round bursts with this gun. Long bursts is about 12-14 and then it spreads out much more.

I would go for the 88 gun and against soft targets the Mg42. You don't want to be at the receiving end of either of these guns.

?

Quote by operaman View Post
    Zyklon b Would be the DEADLIEST.
    IMO a inapropriate choice. Cyklon B was and is not a weapon. It's first and foremost a delousing agent. It's useless unless aplied in temperatures above 25 C and in a closed environment. I think it is still in use to this day under a different name.

Quote by kc1 View Post
    Mg 42
    This and the MG34 probably killed more people than the other weapons used by the Germans, IMO
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by KradSpam View Post

The converted half track is a 'Stuka zu fuss', or walking Stuka. The neb is the wheeled multi barrel rocket mortar.
    Yeah in Company of Heroes is very deadly
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Quote by robin morley View Post
    Difficult one, depends what you mean by deadliest. If you mean which weapon killed the most enemies then it would probably be the K98.
    I was just thinking the same thing! While not impressive in terms of firepower, it was the most widely issued weapon and probably accounted for the most kills...

The correct answer would have to be my family's sauerkraut.

I guess if one of our members is willing to drink wine from Goering's goblet at christmas he might be will ing to do his socks

Quote by Datrus View Post
    IMO a inapropriate choice. Cyklon B was and is not a weapon. It's first and foremost a delousing agent. It's useless unless aplied in temperatures above 25 C and in a closed environment.
    Agreed. Deadly, yes; but not as a weapon in the military sense, only as an instrument of industrialized mass murder.

I agree with the statement that the MG34/42 probably killed more people than any other weapon. I'm sure the typical bomber also accounted for almost as many deaths.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast