Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

The Battlefield at Sinyavino Heights, Leningrad/St Petersburg

Article about: I was privileged to have a tour of the battlefield with a local collector/Relic Hunter friend (licenced). Between 1941 and 1943 many battles were fought here at Sinyavino between the Red Arm

Default The Battlefield at Sinyavino Heights, Leningrad/St Petersburg

I was privileged to have a tour of the battlefield with a local collector/Relic Hunter friend (licenced).

Between 1941 and 1943 many battles were fought here at Sinyavino between the Red Army and the Germans, as the Soviets tried to break the blockade of Leningrad. There was huge loss of life on both sides.

A very sobering place with very emotive memorials and cemetery.

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Battlefield at Sinyavino Heights, Leningrad/St Petersburg   The Battlefield at Sinyavino Heights, Leningrad/St Petersburg  

The Battlefield at Sinyavino Heights, Leningrad/St Petersburg   The Battlefield at Sinyavino Heights, Leningrad/St Petersburg  

The Battlefield at Sinyavino Heights, Leningrad/St Petersburg   The Battlefield at Sinyavino Heights, Leningrad/St Petersburg  

Last edited by Woolgar; 03-05-2020 at 03:33 PM.
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Battlefield at Sinyavino Heights, Leningrad/St Petersburg
    P
    Many

A local village with ruins of wartime railway station
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Battlefield at Sinyavino Heights, Leningrad/St Petersburg   The Battlefield at Sinyavino Heights, Leningrad/St Petersburg  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

More images from the Heights

A few relics I brought back

I guess it makes a man humble when walking there on a place with so much negative history and where so many lives have been lost. Your photos capture the atmosphere. Thanks for showing!