Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A bit of my family history during WWII - Игнатьев Анатолий Алексеевич

Article about: Hi everyone! I would like to share a bit of information on one of 5 relatives of mine that served on the eastern front in the Red Army/Navy. I collaborated with Igor to search for my Great U

Default A bit of my family history during WWII - Игнатьев Анатолий Алексеевич

Hi everyone! I would like to share a bit of information on one of 5 relatives of my relatives that served in the Red Army/Navy. I collaborated with Igor to search for my Great Uncle whose full name was Ignatiev Anatoly Alekseevich (I gave him the info, he worked his magic) and after about a month and 1/2, Igor managed to find him, and my grandmother confirmed that was him, via the area it said he was born in. Here is a little bit of info. Anatoly was born in 1923, and joined the Red Army when he was just 18, and he served in 27 Guards Rifle Regiment, 11 Guards Rifle Division, 16 Rifle Corps, 11 Guards Army, and the 1st Baltic front. He was killed in action on July 28, 1944. According to the information, he was ranked private, he was the only machine gunner in his squad/platoon (I believe), and he was a non party member. I am going to post all of the pictures and documents and what not in 2 days when I get back from my vacation (it is all on my computer). Thank you for taking your time to read and view this thread!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A bit of my family history during WWII - Игнатьев Анатолий Алексеевич
    P
    Many

I'm am sure that many here will share in you excitement and emotion in being able to find out some of the story of you great Uncle and his part in WW2. I look forward to you sharing his story here.