Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Help with Soviet Pilotka hat

Article about: Hello! I am currently researching this fascinating Soviet Pilotka, and would appreciate any help I can get on it. This hat was bought at a "sketchy pop-up shop" outside the GUM sto

Exclamation Help with Soviet Pilotka hat

Hello! I am currently researching this fascinating Soviet Pilotka, and would appreciate any help I can get on it. This hat was bought at a "sketchy pop-up shop" outside the GUM store in Moscow right after the Soviet Union collapsed. I was lent the hat to research it, and I would love to have any input I can on the hat. I have identified all of the pins, but have yet to definitively identify the patches. Also, I am completely lost on the paint stamp on the interior of the hat. I am mainly looking for input on the paint stamp (if it says where the hat was manufactured, if someone recognises the logo on the stamp, etc.). Thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with Soviet Pilotka hat   Help with Soviet Pilotka hat  

Help with Soviet Pilotka hat   Help with Soviet Pilotka hat  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with Soviet Pilotka hat
    P
    Many

Typical tourist souvenir piece. Don't recognise this maker but I have a feeling this comes from the St. Petersburg area (Ladoga).

The red piping indicates an officer's hat.
    You have some nice medals attached to it actually, the Guards unit pin for example and the pin for military excellence.

The patches are , from left to right : arm patch for infantry ( rifle ) units in the Red Army, likely from the 80s, general arm patch for Russia armed forces (after 1990), and the right one is a patch for the red Army Airborne.

The text reads :
    LPO Ladoga (likely the factory, I have found references to other hats made wityh this printing)
    F ka Sovremennitza 92 g ( not sure about the F and ka, but the rest means Contemporary and 92 god, so year 1992
    Below I can make out the second row which means 1 Sort, so top quality.

So, the pilotka is legit, remove the pincs and the patches and you have a nice officer's hat

1SORT is size indication (1 out of 3) and does not refer to quality if I am correct. 56 is another size marking.

I checked the writing more carefully now and this is what it says..

Upper stamp
    ЛПО Ладога (ЛПО = Л Производственное объединение)
    фабрика Современница 92 год

Lower stamp
    Отдел Технического Контроля №9
    1 Сорт

1 is IMHO a quality stamp from the quality check department.

Edit: wrong post.

Dok
    ?

Typical officer hat of the 60-90s. There were many manufacturers, for example, I have a Moscow factory Zarnitsa, 90 release
    As well as a pilot's cap of the 50-60s
    Help with Soviet Pilotka hat Help with Soviet Pilotka hat
    Last edited by Dok; 02-15-2023 at 08:52 AM.