Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

53rd Welsh Division

Article about: So I normally don't do a lot of research into Allied history however I recently decided to start using my grandfather's war records for a university assignment and so I am trying to do as mu

Default 53rd Welsh Division

So I normally don't do a lot of research into Allied history however I recently decided to start using my grandfather's war records for a university assignment and so I am trying to do as much research on his division and regiment as possible.

If anyone has any information on the 53rd Welsh Division and the 53rd Recce Regiment in particular please let me know.

I need other soldier experiences and stories in order to flesh out the biography piece.

I also am looking for a book called Welsh Spearhead which is incredibly rare and as such the only libraries that have it are Oxford (who have a tight and lengthy control over it) and in Michigan which is out of the question, at least certainly in the near future. So if anyone has this book - please let me know

TIA

Sorry I don't have welsh spearhead. Swiper's (Jonathan Ware) book has been nearly released for the last few years, perhaps contacting him might be of some use to you.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jocks-Drago...ks+and+dragons
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I would recommend getting hold of a copy of the History of the East Riding Yeomanry as well as a copy of the late Luc Van Gents book on the battle of Den Hertogenbosch (in Dutch) during October 1944. The 53rd Welsh liberated the town.
    https://www.saak.nl/battlefield%20to...02011%20en.htm
    Last edited by BlackCat1982; 03-21-2018 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Typo

?

Asking your question here or indeed doing a search will produce better results. WW2Talk

Thank you all for the suggestions and help

I have already posted on ww2 but haven't yielded much results behind establishing some key facts from the records
    But I'll keep trying.