Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Anyone one know what these relics are?

Article about: I found these relics along with some .303 cases on an Canadian ww2 shooting range. Anyone know what it is? The threaded rod says “schrader made in canada 777” on it.

?

Default Anyone one know what these relics are?

I found these relics along with some .303 cases on an Canadian ww2 shooting range. Anyone know what it is? The threaded rod says “schrader made in canada 777” on it. Anyone one know what these relics are?Anyone one know what these relics are?Anyone one know what these relics are?

The threaded pieces are valve stems for tires/wheels.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

The other bits are really small ...or that's a bloody big microwave container lid!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by rbminis View Post
    The threaded pieces are valve stems for tires/wheels.
    Ralph.
    Yep, "Schrader" is the type and is the name of the company that originally produced the type in the late 19th century.

"Schrader" valves are used on just about all motor vehicles fitted with tubeless rims and in many other applications requiring a one way pneumatic valve. Everything from plumbing to aircraft really and including your pushbike/mountain/all terrain bike etc.

The other bits could be anything without knowing size/material but they do remind me of bits of the chassis of the copper wire armature found in an electric motor/generator/dynamo etc but that's just a very wide guess.

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 12-06-2020 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Pic three looks like the insides of an harmonica
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

?

Thanks. So i guess it doesn't hold that much historical value. The other rectangular things are about 9cm by 2.5cm i was thinking maybe part of a weapon, ammo crate, clip or what not

?

Plus one for harmonica.
    Do the slots go from smaller to larger?

Attached a pic of some of my detecting finds in case they are of interest.

Plus another for the harmonica/mouth organ reed parts.

?

Default Possible harmonica

They slots do look like they go shorter to larger. U think this is some type of harmonica? Possible from the soldiers in training?

?

The thin tabs over the slots are the reeds that vibrate to make sound.
    Harmonicas were popular with soldiers partly due to being pocket sized.