Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Dog tag research help

Article about: Hi I dug these up at an old military camp, but can't find there details. I have put 3 lists of details, any help would be appreciated [ATTACH=CONFIG]1409842[/ATTACH]

Default Dog tag research help

Hi I dug these up at an old military camp, but can't find there details.
    I have put 3 lists of details, any help would be appreciated Dog tag research help[ATTACH=CONFIG]1409842[/ATTDog tag research helpDog tag research helpACH]
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dog tag research help  

?

They appear to be erroneously stamped discs, discarded by the issuing office.

As for tracing any of them, that is a notoriously difficult (and unproductive) task. It almost seems that, no matter how much information and how many details you may have on an individual, nothing exists anywhere about anyone.. Always a little soul destroying, but you have to try!

Your epic task may be made a little more difficult by virtue of the (presumed on my part) errors in spelling and service numbers that led to these discs being thrown away in the first place..
    All I can say is, best of luck!

Sorry to be so unhelpful,
    Bob

A first step might be to check them against the CWGC website, to at least identify a unit..

Nice haul, a great many of such tags seen to have been produced for the planned assault on the Japanese mainland that never happened. They were then discarded. They pop up on eBay regularly for similar reasons as Kobima alluded to.