Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

helmet insignia

Article about: can anyone tell me what the kite looking insignia is? any help would be geat

Default helmet insignia

helmet insignia
    can anyone tell me what the kite looking insignia is? any help would be geat

i guess it's probably the 11th AB

Greetings,

I believe it (The KITE TAC Marking you asked about) is the Divisional (yes, 11 ABN DIV) HQs Company's Tactical Markings (at least that is the consensus here) 11th Airborne Division '50 helmets - Page 6 - M-1C HELMET [REF] - U.S. Militaria Forum

Regards,

Lance

The white pentagon TAC marks are 511th PIR, 11th Airborne Division, and were used in the early to mid 50's. The helmet with the 2 deployed canopies are 89th AFA, 511th. These TAC marks were used in Korea. I will post pictures of a few of these from my shelf this weekend. Jim G.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    The white pentagon TAC marks are 511th PIR, 11th Airborne Division, and were used in the early to mid 50's. The helmet with the 2 deployed canopies are 89th AFA, 511th. These TAC marks were used in Korea. I will post pictures of a few of these from my shelf this weekend. Jim G.
    i like how that answered everything i didnt ask for :P but thanks aha

Here are some pictures of the 511th and 89th AFA helmets.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture helmet insignia   helmet insignia  

helmet insignia   helmet insignia  

Quote by JeepCreep View Post
    i like how that answered everything i didnt ask for :P but thanks aha

Apparently I didn't read the first post closely, nor did I look at the picture closely enough - a 14 hour day at work probably explains it. I am sure about the Pentagon and Dual Deployed Canopy TAC marks. The Dual Small Pentagons are definitely for the 675th AFA, 511th. If I recall correctly, the kite is for the 544th AFA, 11th A/B. I am not sure about that, but since the other two soldiers whose TAC marks are identifiable are from AFA units, I suspect that the Kite is indeed for the 544th AFA.

Apparently I didn't read the first post closely, nor did I look at the picture closely enough - a 14 hour day at work probably explains it. I am sure about the Pentagon and Dual Deployed Canopy TAC marks. The Dual Small Pentagons are definitely for the 675th AFA, 511th. If I recall correctly, the kite is for the 544th AFA, 11th A/B. I am not sure about that, but since the other two soldiers whose TAC marks are identifiable are from AFA units, I suspect that the Kite is indeed for the 544th AFA.
    ive seen the "kite" a few times and i have heard its a medic insignia of the 11th A/B but that was only one time ive heard that

Here are some pictures of the 511th and 89th AFA helmets.
    beautiful helmets btw and i may have an other question for you regarding a helmet i have which not a single person has answered about

Hi,
    I have this liner brought back after the war, with this front paint.
    Do you think this one of the 187th/11AB?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture helmet insignia   helmet insignia  

helmet insignia  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast