Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Military Police in Berlin: Wesley G. McCalla WWII steps

Article about: HI all, I just bought some ebay stuff. All belong to Wesley G. McCalla. I think he was MP. When I bought it I begun to invest the meaning of each medal and pin. Now I try to get all the info

Default Military Police in Berlin: Wesley G. McCalla WWII steps

HI all,

I just bought some ebay stuff. All belong to Wesley G. McCalla. I think he was MP. When I bought it I begun to invest the meaning of each medal and pin. Now I try to get all the information I can in order to try to follow the McCalla steps in WWII.

I will appreciate your help in order to determine the origin of each article. I do not receive the lot the I only have some pics here. Until now I see a WWII Bronze Star, Good Conduct Medal (1944), some sergeant ranks, "blue spader" patch, Honorable Service Lapel Button (“Ruptured duck”), hand embroided US combat infantry badge , british rank insignia, british Royal Corps of Transport mini badge (or cap badge?), identification tags, Berlin police pin, Munchen pin, European/African/Middle Eastern Campaign Medal Ribbon bar, and another badges & pins not recognized at this time.

About Wesley McCalla this is all the information I got until now from several archives in Internet:

ARMY SERIAL NUMBER : 37728985
    NAME: MC CALLA WESLEY G.
    RESIDENCE: STATE 73 KANSAS
    RESIDENCE: COUNTY 45 DOUGLAS
    PLACE OF ENLISTMENT 7325 FT LEAVENWORTH KANSAS
    DATE OF ENLISTMENT DAY 14 14
    DATE OF ENLISTMENT MONTH 12 12
    DATE OF ENLISTMENT YEAR 43 43
    GRADE: ALPHA DESIGNATION PVT# Private
    GRADE: CODE 8 Private
    BRANCH: ALPHA DESIGNATION NO# No branch assignment
    BRANCH: CODE 2 No branch assignment
    FIELD USE AS DESIRED # #
    TERM OF ENLISTMENT 5 Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law
    LONGEVITY ### ###
    SOURCE OF ARMY PERSONNEL 0 Civil Life
    NATIVITY 75 MISSOURI
    YEAR OF BIRTH 10 10
    RACE AND CITIZENSHIP 1 White, citizen
    EDUCATION 5 1 year of college
    CIVILIAN OCCUPATION 444 Skilled compositors and typesetters
    MARITAL STATUS 2 Married
    COMPONENT OF THE ARMY 7 Selectees (Enlisted Men)
    CARD NUMBER # #
    BOX NUMBER 1255 1255
    FILM REEL NUMBER 6.21# 6.21#

Name: Wesley G. McCalla
    SSN: 511-01-9212
    Born: 1 Aug 1910
    Died: 11 Aug 1990
    State (Year) SSN issued: Kansas (Before 1951)

Name: Wesley G McCalla
    Address: 937 Ohio, Lawrence, Kansas 66044-0801 (1986)

Relatives: Mary McCalla (?)

All the information was recovered using public webs.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Military Police in Berlin: Wesley G. McCalla WWII steps   Military Police in Berlin: Wesley G. McCalla WWII steps  

Attached Images Attached Images Military Police in Berlin: Wesley G. McCalla WWII steps  Military Police in Berlin: Wesley G. McCalla WWII steps  Military Police in Berlin: Wesley G. McCalla WWII steps  Military Police in Berlin: Wesley G. McCalla WWII steps  Military Police in Berlin: Wesley G. McCalla WWII steps  Military Police in Berlin: Wesley G. McCalla WWII steps  Military Police in Berlin: Wesley G. McCalla WWII steps  Military Police in Berlin: Wesley G. McCalla WWII steps  Military Police in Berlin: Wesley G. McCalla WWII steps  Military Police in Berlin: Wesley G. McCalla WWII steps  Military Police in Berlin: Wesley G. McCalla WWII steps  Military Police in Berlin: Wesley G. McCalla WWII steps 

Default Re: Military Police in Berlin: Wesley G. McCalla WWII steps

The British Royal Corps of Transport badge is actually a collar dog. Circa 1965 - 1993.

The British Officers rank "pip" is WW2 era.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi rafaelega ! nice collection those E-5 Sgt. pins are modern.............. but the CIB !
    Im so jealous I LOVE THAT CIB !

oh and welcome to the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    The British Royal Corps of Transport badge is actually a collar dog. Circa 1965 - 1993.

The British Officers rank "pip" is WW2 era.

Cheers, Ade.
    Adrian thanks a lot for your explanation!

Thumbs up Re: Military Police in Berlin: Wesley G. McCalla WWII steps

Quote by Cobra den Bien Phieu View Post
    Hi rafaelega ! nice collection those E-5 Sgt. pins are modern.............. but the CIB !
    Im so jealous I LOVE THAT CIB !

oh and welcome to the forum!
    Thanks a lot Cobra!
    About the CIB I wonder what is its origin because is the first one I see it embroided... it was typical in WWII???

Cheers!
    Rafa

got this from wikipedia

During the Second World War (1941–1945), the U.S. Army had difficulty in recruiting Infantry branch volunteers, unlike its other, more glamorous branches (e.g. the Tank Corps, the Army Air Forces), and the Marine Corps and Navy. To increase recruitment and raise its esprit de corps, General Lesley J. McNair, the Army Ground Forces commander, conceived of two ideas — (i) a large, recognizable combat service badge, for the infantry ranks, and (ii) replacing the title Private with the title Fighter, thereby, raising the soldier’s morale when addressing “Private Jones” as “Fighter Jones”. The badge idea was accepted, the title idea rejected; however, the General insisted upon the Fighter Badge title.[1][2] On the 7th of October 1943, the War Department formally established the Combat Infantryman Badge (CIB) and the Expert Infantryman Badge (EIB) awards in Section I, War Department Circular 269 (27 October 1943):

I have never seen an embroidered CIB like this but it reminds me of something a soldier would have (private purchase) embroidered in france
    i only say that because of all the different embroidered wings i see on the forum and it reminds me of that
    definitely looks WWII to me but i am not a subject matter expert
    the "Steve's" (moderators) and more experienced collectors on the forum will be able to answer your questions more appropriately
    but i must say that CIB has got me feelin butterflies lol

oh and this is the best forum ever! and its so nice to see its ranks being filled with more and more collectors every day

The Distinctive Unit insignia for the 26th Inf Regt and the Combat Infantryman's badge both look good and although these are private purchase and unofficial, they can be seen from the late WW2 / Army of Occupation period.

Cheers, Ade.

Nice Info Cobra!. Thanks

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    The Distinctive Unit insignia for the 26th Inf Regt and the Combat Infantryman's badge both look good and although these are private purchase and unofficial, they can be seen from the late WW2 / Army of Occupation period.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks Ade. I'll try to get more info of "26th Inf Regt" in Internet.
    Take care,

Rafa

Hi Rafa, they were part of the famous "Big Red One" the US 1st Inf Div.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast