Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Named heart shield bible

Article about: I recently purchased this Ww2 pocket Bible, It supposedly came in the box. The box has a pvt’s name on it. I believe it says pvt James C. Atkins. Any information on the pvt would be a grea

Default Named heart shield bible

I recently purchased this Ww2 pocket Bible, It supposedly came in the box. The box has a pvt’s name on it. I believe it says pvt James C. Atkins. Any information on the pvt would be a great. Thank you for the help
    Named heart shield bibleNamed heart shield bibleNamed heart shield bibleNamed heart shield bibleNamed heart shield bibleNamed heart shield bibleNamed heart shield bible

By the APO address I believe he was in the PTO. I hope someone will correct me if I’m wrong.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

By the way I like it, really nice find.

I was wondering what theater of war he was in. So would that mean he was in the marine corps? I believe the army had 5 times the troops there than the marine corp. Thank you for the reply.

No, not necessarily the Army was also in the PTO.

MAP
    ?

That is uber cool.

I'm no expert but I think the Marines used the FPO designation. APO is for the Army.

Edit: Marty beat me to it.... kind of....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Ok. I was wondering if it belonged to a marine. I was not entirely sure if it belonged to a marine or a soldier thanks again for the reply

Wouldn’t you think that it going through New York would mean it’s ETO?

View Record: James Atkins - 33127550 | WWII US Army Enlistment Records
    I was looking through this database and this person lived the closest to where I purchased it. I think that the only I can go on is his name. The 335355 is an address for the unit he was in. I cannot find anywhere I can look up which units address this was. I think this is the closest I can get without getting the unit information. Any help or criticism is welcomed. Thank you

(Edit: he was also the closest James Atkins to where it is sent from)

I may be able to look on Ancestry or FOLD 3 to see if there is any further information for you. NARA would be the best place to see if you can obtain the records for this Soldier but I believe they are still closed right now..

But with that said you may be able to reach out to a private research company and they may be able to help also..

Try Golden Arrow Research.. Geoff and the others there are really good..

When I get home from work I will also see if I can find out more information.. You have the Soldiers name and service number so that is a good start.. With his ASN you may also have the other basic information such as date and place of birth..

Smitty

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast