Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

need help on some info

Article about: i would just like to find out if any one knows if the scotts guards where at gallipoli. my old man seems to think his dads dad served there and then went on to france. i cant find anything.

Default need help on some info

i would just like to find out if any one knows if the scotts guards where at gallipoli. my old man seems to think his dads dad served there and then went on to france. i cant find anything. thanks

Default Re: need help on some info

Neither of the 2 active Battalions of the Scots Guards saw action in Gallipoli in the Great War. There were, however, a considerable number of Scottish units in Gallipoli -such as the Royal Scots, etc. Are you sure that your Grandfather was in the Scots Guards?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

he was sergent but waiting on some more info but he was from paisley and he would have been 39 40sh when the war started he work at a dye place befor the war thats what ive found out at the moment. he left my grampar and his brothers after the war so thats why we dont no much about him. thanks for the info im trying to look into it more to solve it. could he have joined a scotts guards reg there

I am quite happy to check your grandfather on Ancestry - assuming it has not already been done.

Some WW1 service records and medal cards are available there.

Let me know.

Regards

Richie

hey thanks for the offer but someones helping me the moment once ive done him. ive got 4 great uncles and two more great grandpars to do after him all ww1 its all been all lost over time which is sad but will let you no how i go thanks richie ill have a look at that thred thanks novalyfe