Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Research on AC Gunner Arthur Franzetti

Article about: Hello all, I'm doing some research on the ASN stamped on a canteen pouch. The ASN reads: 18155384 and belonged to Arthur Angelo Franzetti. I visited the usual websites and searched through a

Default Research on AC Gunner Arthur Franzetti

Hello all,

I'm doing some research on the ASN stamped on a canteen pouch. The ASN reads: 18155384 and belonged to Arthur Angelo Franzetti. I visited the usual websites and searched through all kinds of military reports available online. A brief summery below. Some important details about his missions is mentioned in the Austin American Statesman, but I can't access it because I don't have a credit card needed for the registration. Here in Holland the usage of credit cards is not common. For online payments we use a system called iDeal and our debet card. This problem also aplies for sites like ancestry, etc.
    Is there an other way to acces these archives? And if not could someone acces it for me? The article I need is in the Austin American-Statesman of 20 Jul 1944: Austin American-Statesman 20 Jul 1944, page 8 - Newspapers.com.

Brief summary on Arthur A. Franzetti (1922 - 2009):
    He enlisted in august 1942 in San Antonio Texas and left for England in dec 1943. He joined the 334th Bombardemt Squadron, 98th Bombardement Group as a ball turrent Gunner from a B24 Liberator. In february 1944 he received a Purple Heart. He flew missions in North-Africa and Italy. Somewhere in june he transferred to the 702d Bomb Squadron, 2d Air division, Eighth Air force and flew with the first wave of attacking bombers on D-day. In july 1944 he got wounded during a mission in France and received a Purple Heart. In total he flew 50 mission. He also received several Air Medals and the Distinguished Flying Cross

Default Austin American Statesman Jul 20, 1944

Voila!

Best Regards,

V/r Lance

Double click on image to enlarge.

Default Austin American Statesman Sep 22, 1944.

And another article from the same paper.

Best,

V/r Lance

P.S. Here is his Find-A-Grave page: Arthur A Franzetti (1922-2009) - Find a Grave Memorial

Double click image to enlarge.

Default Austin American Statesman Jul 24, 2009.

And his obituary.

Best,

V/r Lance

Double click image to enlarge.

Exactly what I needed, many thanks!