Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Stan Boardman " The German's Bombed our Chippy " The Real Story

Article about: I was a kid in the late 70's and early 80's and always remember Stan Boardman being on TV doing his stand-up routine and I always remember his famous line " The Germans Bombed our Chipp

Default Stan Boardman " The German's Bombed our Chippy " The Real Story

I was a kid in the late 70's and early 80's and always remember Stan Boardman being on TV doing his stand-up routine and I always remember his famous line " The Germans Bombed our Chippy "

Watch this for the real story, an excellent program and quite moving at times, Stan is towards the end

Cheers

BBC iPlayer - Blitz Cities - 2. Liverpool

My Grandmother lived through the Liverpool blitz, she lived in a tenement block on Juvenal st, my Mum and her sisters were evacuated to north Wales. My Granddad was away at sea as he was a Royal Artillery gunner on a DEMS ship, he was on the north Atlantic convoys to Halifax Nova Scotia and the arctic convoys to Murmansk and Arkhangelsk!...

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    My Grandmother lived through the Liverpool blitz, she lived in a tenement block on Juvenal st, my Mum and her sisters were evacuated to north Wales. My Granddad was away at sea as he was a Royal Artillery gunner on a DEMS ship, he was on the north Atlantic convoys to Halifax Nova Scotia and the arctic convoys to Murmansk and Arkhangelsk!...
    I knew it!! You scouse git.

Stan Boardman " The German's Bombed our Chippy "  The Real Story
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    I knew it!! You scouse git.

Stan Boardman " The German's Bombed our Chippy "  The Real Story
    No mate Warrington born!......