Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

USAAF registry WWII

Article about: Hey Folks Can any one offer a link to Personel archive records of USAAF in WWII~ I am sure there is a link on site but not having much luck ~ have the US Army link but We have a personal rel

Default USAAF registry WWII

Hey Folks

Can any one offer a link to Personel archive records of USAAF in WWII~

I am sure there is a link on site but not having much luck ~ have the US Army link but

We have a personal relic found in Australia and would hope to link it to the Family in USA if possible.

Thanks in advance~

Stuart SS

MAP
    ?

Would not the archives be the same as the US Army during WW2? The Air Corp was part of the Army at the time.

Have you looked here for enlistment records?

NARA - AAD - Main Page
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Actually that is completely Logical after all it ws back then the US Army Air corp ~ right.

Dumbo! Thanks for rattling the bucket ! MAP

I will put that to Mate doing the search!~

An intriguing response from the United states ~

Unfortunately, to my knowledge, there is no ‘list’ of those from the 22nd BG that served in Queensland and certainly nothing specifically covering USAAF members in Queensland.

A great deal of US Army Air Corps records from WWII were destroyed in a fire in the 1970s that burned up most of pre-1950s records.

For instance all my dad’s records were burned. Revenge of the Red Raiders certainly has coverage of the missions in that era but is a narrative rather than a book with ‘lists’.

But RRR does have a summary of all the airplanes and crews shot down or crashed in accidents from start to finish of the war.

Mike"

Thanks Blokes

As suggested the archives were destroyed inthe 1970s by fire ~

But we have reached this point ~ Sadly died at 23 years ~

The token relic names engraved ~ Found in Aust camp site of WWII.

USAAF registry WWII

USAAF registry WWII

BC Thanks mate

I followed tru on the Air force book link and it was the 38th Bombardment group that came to Australia ~

They had B17 and P38s mostly locally at Mareeba ~ and would operate from here to Port Mosby and onto attack Rabaul.

Plus a huge operations encampment at Townsville and Garbutt ~ now a suburb ~

The book looks great read ~

Default Canton Airfield (Kanton) Republic of Kiribati (Gilbert Islands)

Greetings,

Saw the name/grave in post #6 and thought you'd like to view the below document. Appears CPL Bell went missing in 1942, but there was a 12 months + wait in order to legally declare him dead due to this status. Odd, that his this later date became his death's date, but likely that fact was something, which was overlooked when it came time to create his memorial. Lot of water and otherwise dead space between Hickam Field (Hawaii) and Kanton, not surprised that the crew were never recovered due to the vastness they disappeared in.

Best,

V/r Lance

P.S. This document originated from Fold3 (read: behind a paywall).

Double click to enlarge image.

USAAF registry WWII