Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

USAF I.d. bracelet

Article about: A friend of mine has recently bought this I.d. bracelet, He was told that it was of WW2 vintage but i doubt that being as its hallmarked 1/20 12KT Gold filled. Anyway guys have a look at the

Default USAF I.d. bracelet

A friend of mine has recently bought this I.d. bracelet, He was told that it was of WW2 vintage but i doubt that being as its hallmarked 1/20 12KT Gold filled. Anyway guys have a look at the pictures and tell me what you think. As always thanks, Paul

USAF I.d. bracelet

USAF I.d. bracelet

?

That is a very nice bracelet.
    Looks like the company that made these were around from 1920-1980.

"The Forstner jewelry company, a classic American jewelry firm, was founded in 1920 in Irvington, New Jersey. Forstner specialized in gold filled, sterling silver and pure gold accessories. Forstner jewelry was primarily known for snake chains and classic designs. The Forstner Company later changed its name to Forstner Jewelry Manufacturing Corporation. In 1980, the corporation ceased operations, making all Forstner jewelry, especially the earlier pieces, rare and highly desirable for collectors"

I wonder if Mr. W. Mc Comas still lives in Louisville Kentucy!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

It's a nice looking item but for me it doesn't have any of the wear on it that you'd expect to see on an item that was 70 years old. Perhaps a more recent gift to an old warrior?

I like that, Recent gift to an old warrior, Do you think that the numbers at the top on the address side are his service No or just part of the address ? regards, Paul

?

I really want to believe.
    But its a no from me.
    Sorry
    Cheers Rick

Quote by paulscoot View Post
    I like that, Recent gift to an old warrior, Do you think that the numbers at the top on the address side are his service No or just part of the address ? regards, Paul

The number is indeed his original ASN:

Comas Walter L Mc – 15097289

Residence: Cumberland, Kentucky

Date of Enlistment: 31 March 1942

Place of Enlistment: Lexington Kentucky

Component of the Army:
    Army of the United States - includes the following: Voluntary enlistments effective December 8, 1941 and thereafter; One year enlistments of National Guardsman whose State enlistment expires while in the Federal Service; Officers appointed in the Army of the United States under Army Regulations 605-10

Source of Army Personnel: Civil Life

Nativity: White, citizen

Year of Birth: 1920

Education: 3 years of college

Civilian Occupation: Actors and actresses

Marital Status:
    Single, without dependents

You sir are a star my friend will be pleased with the information, Regards, Paul

No problem glad to help.

Hello Paul,

I was able to find a copy of his Draft Card for your friend, I hope it is of some use and help :

USAF I.d. bracelet

Walter Leslie McComas Born 12th June 1920, Died 19th August 1990 aged 70.

Best wishes

Andrzej

I don't know, I think it could be period. The connectors holding the plate to the chains look fairly old to me. I'm seeing some other ID bracelets online that are 1/20 12KT gold filled. My question, could this have been used as a sweetheart bracelet instead?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast