Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

USMC uniform help

Article about: Hello, I just acquired this USMC dress blues uniform and was wondering if anyone here can give me any info on the Marine whose name is stamped inside. I appreciate any help you could give. K

?

Default USMC uniform help

Hello,
    I just acquired this USMC dress blues uniform and was wondering if anyone here can give me any info on the Marine whose name is stamped inside. I appreciate any help you could give. His name is B.K.Holcomb

Kevin USMC uniform help

MAP
    ?

Have you searched the NARA database?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

All I found was Army enlistment records

?

I’d appreciate any help y’all could give.
    Thank you in advance,
    Kevin

MAP
    ?

Hopefully someone will be around. I don't focus on USMC items so my knowledge is limited
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I went through 81 pages of Holcomb's on Ancestry and I did not find anything.

Your best bet to start the search would be to go to the local county courthouse and see if there is any information about a B.K. Holcomb in the area. If he was local to where you picked up the uniform the courthouse or even the public library may have a roster or list of folks who served in WW2 from the area. Towns and Cities used to publish books that listed all the local men and women who served.

There is too little to go by right now with just the initials and his last name on Ancestry.

Smitty

?

Oh ok, thank you for checking on that for me.

USMC Muster Roll shows Ben K. Holcomb - the only one who fits those initials between 1941 and 1956. Ben served in the Marines during WWII.
    Relaying on this data you may be sure that's your B.K. Holcomb.

And if your jacket came from Tennessee, you are probably at home:
    Ben Keys Holcomb (1921-2007) - Find a Grave Memorial
    Unfortunately, no USMC service was mentioned in the obituary,, but most likely it was him.

?

Thank you so much!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast