Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WW2 us army grouping.dog tags a ID bracelet .

Article about: Had these items long time.ID bracelet and tags ID card wanted to know more about them .thanks .braclet maker marked and marked sterling .

Also keep in mind that there are many who pose and pretend to be family members in order to try to get something in the grouping they may want for themselves. There may be something in the grouping that holds high value or rarity and people will stop and no ends to see if that item can be theirs so the stories of woe and sorrow abound...

Sadly I have had many folks reach out to me wanting to know if I would "sell them their grandfathers (fill in the blank here) and in many cases when I ask a simple question about the family or the items in question that usually scares off the "so called relative" so in the 50 plus years of collecting you tend to have a idea of who is honest and who is trying to con you. Sad to have put this defense mechanism in place but folks will do anything to get something you have that they want...

I agree 100% with Willmore that many families do not want the items for many reasons and when they become someone else's property there is no obligation to return the items to the families unless of course they may have been stolen, but with that said, stolen items also need to have a police report attached to them. No police report, no return, simple as that. That is also a scam that goes around the collecting community that someone will claim their relatives' items were stolen, etc, ect, and the first mention of a police report and they stop bugging you when they can't produce evidence or proof the items were stolen or an actual copy of the police report itself..

Smitty

Curious about the patch.

It does not appear to be a US patch, perhaps it is British or Commonwealth?

Any ideas?

Smitty

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Curious about the patch.

It does not appear to be a US patch, perhaps it is British or Commonwealth?

Any ideas?

Smitty
    It is referred to as an 'Odal' rune, but I am not sure which country would have used it. I know certain SS troops used a similar style rune as a collar tab, plus it is used in less 'savory' circles today.

I did find this link, but I am not sure how much help it will be -

Odal Rune Pin?

Kind regards,

Will.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2