Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

anyone have a request to see any particular buckles ??

Article about: Being on lock down , lets try to get some action started here on the forum... I have a pretty broad collection of HJ and DJ buckles. If anyone wants to see a particular buckle, marking or ty

Weller
    I have always enjoyed all the markings that the youth buckles have. Collecting buckles is really a study of these markings as the youth buckles saw every change in regulation of the marking systems.. from the beginning pre RZM when they were unmarked or only maker marked by name or logo and all the way through all the RZM systems - M1, UE , KH M4 and all the oddities also like M5 and MA and even more rare and odd GZM
    your buckle tells me it was post 33 but pre 35 as it has RZM M1 number but still possess the maker logo and GES GESCH
    I will have to look back over my docs and find the order dates. Poeple like Wilhelm Saris have been kind enough to post from time to time on the regulations that the RZM kept changing in regards to the way the buckles were to be marked and when those changes happened.
    Great buckle !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement anyone have a request to see any particular buckles ??
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Chad William View Post
    Weller
    I have always enjoyed all the markings that the youth buckles have. Collecting buckles is really a study of these markings as the youth buckles saw every change in regulation of the marking systems.. from the beginning pre RZM when they were unmarked or only maker marked by name or logo and all the way through all the RZM systems - M1, UE , KH M4 and all the oddities also like M5 and MA and even more rare and odd GZM
    your buckle tells me it was post 33 but pre 35 as it has RZM M1 number but still possess the maker logo and GES GESCH
    I will have to look back over my docs and find the order dates. Poeple like Wilhelm Saris have been kind enough to post from time to time on the regulations that the RZM kept changing in regards to the way the buckles were to be marked and when those changes happened.
    Great buckle !
    Chad - do you have an M5 marked HJ, as mentioned in your detailed response?

Hello. Great topic Chad. Your Assmann in aluminum is great ! What do you think of such a buckle?anyone have a request to see any particular buckles ??anyone have a request to see any particular buckles ??anyone have a request to see any particular buckles ??anyone have a request to see any particular buckles ??

Zeppelin I have no problem with this buckle, as you know I hold one that was made by same firm but the rune is more traditional shape vs yours with the cut corners. I think that in the early years prior to RZM control that many firms did whatever they wanted and there will be for years buckles which we have not seen and in manufacturing styles which are non traditional. Maybe we should start a thread just about DJ 2 piece with strange manufacturing. I have a few buckles (5-6?) that all have non traditional methods of affixing the rune. The clipped corners is interesting to me, but I have seen much stranger things.... I have an HJ buckle that was clearly a DJ that must not have been assembled when they stopped using the DJ pattern in 37/38 so they put the blank back in the stamping press and stamped an HJ over the DJ!!!! but you can still se the rune through the HJ stamping so we know they did weird stuff!!!

Great buckles.

Here is my favorite in my collection. RZM 59

?

Love the pebbled HJ. If I remember correctly Bill X posted one. Might be the same buckle.

?

I've always liked this early nickel HJ buckle due to the somewhat different K.H.30 stamping (Berg & Nolte).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture anyone have a request to see any particular buckles ??   anyone have a request to see any particular buckles ??  

Thanks Chad. I also think the buckle is real. I see more pros than cons in it. I will be glad if you make a new topic. And you show the beautiful buckles, guys.anyone have a request to see any particular buckles ??anyone have a request to see any particular buckles ??

Zeppelin
    great HJ leader buckle! I have actually never owned a single leader/officer buckle!

Weller,
    this is the reason that i love collecting HJ and DJ buckles. The sheer amount of markings and marking types... studying these buckles is really a study of the RZM and all their rules. I love all the weird markings especially when they are transitional. I have a few buckles where the regulation must have changed while the buckles were still at the warehouse and the new markings were added to an already stamped buckle so that it was compliant with the ever changing regulations!

- - ------- - -

Kirby, any chance you can find the old post and link it here?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast