Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The black DJ buckles

Article about: by popular request I am starting this thread to show and discuss black DJ buckles. Please only post black DJ here to keep the thread on track. These enigmatic buckles are beautiful and myste

Default The black DJ buckles

by popular request I am starting this thread to show and discuss black DJ buckles. Please only post black DJ here to keep the thread on track. These enigmatic buckles are beautiful and mysterious. They are my personal favorite of the different DJ variants and come in a variety of rune shapes and buckle sizes. To this day I do not believe that any documentation to their purpose has been found; but pictures of them in wear are known. We know that they are period and real, the pictures substantiate that. But the purpose or meaning of them eludes us. I am hoping that W. Saris will chime in, he is always an appreciated wealth of knowledge and experience on regulations and documentation in regards to buckles and all things uniforming. There is a great picture which I have posted in the past of a group of youth in which multiple black DJ buckles are in wear. I will ask the owner of the pic if I can repost it again on this thread.
    These buckles are beyond rare and I have been very lucky to acquire the examples I have. If you find these, buy them as they do not come to the surface often. Please post your black DJ buckles even if an identical buckle has been posted by another member. It would be great to see the variety we can show here on the tread. I tried linking this great photo owned and posted by Christian but I couldn't get the link to work, so it is now attached. Look at all the rare and amazing buckles shown in this one photo! Thank you Christian for the pic.
    The black DJ buckles
    Last edited by Chad William; 04-05-2020 at 07:34 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The black DJ buckles
    P
    Many

Buckle #1- Nickeled box with black rune 45mm
    The black DJ buckles
    The black DJ buckles
    The black DJ buckles

Buckle #2 Nickeled box with black rune 45mm RZM UE 72 (Paul Cramer)
    The black DJ buckles
    The black DJ buckles
    The black DJ buckles

Buckle #3- Black box silver rune 45mm
    The black DJ buckles
    The black DJ buckles
    The black DJ buckles

Buckle #4- Black box silver rune 45mm
    The black DJ buckles
    The black DJ buckles
    The black DJ buckles

Buckle #5- Black box silver rune 45mm footed catch
    The black DJ buckles
    The black DJ buckles
    The black DJ buckles

Buckle #6 Black box Silver rune 45mm 2 piece construction with unique rune attachment on reverse. This buckle was removed directly from a period manufacturer sample board by Marc V.
    The black DJ buckles
    The black DJ buckles
    The black DJ buckles
    The black DJ buckles

?

Great buckles all. Really like the black two piece #6. Catch construction much like the RZM 40 buckles.

Buckle #7- Black box silver rune 45mm
    The black DJ buckles
    The black DJ buckles
    The black DJ buckles

Buckle #8- Black box silver buckle 2 piece construction with unique rune attachment on reverse marked EF Wiedmann 45mm
    The black DJ buckles
    The black DJ buckles
    The black DJ buckles

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast