Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DJ B&N Buckle

Article about: Hello, I do not know if this buckle is original? thanks for looking.

?

Default DJ B&N Buckle

Hello, I do not know if this buckle is original? thanks for looking.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DJ B&N Buckle   DJ B&N Buckle  

DJ B&N Buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DJ B&N Buckle
    P
    Many

?

I don’t remember ever seeing a full marking B&N but I like it. Must be a early buckle. Is it Ges Gesch above the Berg & Nolte Ag? Is the buckle all brass or is it toned nickel?

In my opinion the buckle is a fake and the reverse lip markings are pure fantasy.

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

@Kirby its brass, leaning towards fake, never seen that mm mark, the sloppy sodder & black around the bends on prongs also.

I agree with David, not original buckle, the prongs, the markings...

I have shown this SA buckle before, however the erroneously titled "search" facility on the Forum is and with all due respect, utterly useless.

Bought many years ago in England as a fake, with no illusions whatsoever as to it being possibly and potentially, anything else. A fake buckle with fantasy markings and as simple as that. The buckle was by the request from a collector sold, with however a clear and unambiguous declaration from myself, that it was a fake. The buckle was somewhat surprisingly featured in a year 2003 reference work and goodness knows where the buckle is now.

In comparison to the DJ buckle which started this thread, the same style of bogus and fantasy Berg & Nolte AG mark. The SA buckle of course has a few "extra and bonus" stampings which are quite silly in their own right.

Iván is correct about the spurious markings and also, his observation about the inaccurate post shroud and claws.

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

Thanks for the info, will let them know, see if they withdraw it.

Quote by zacker View Post
    ...will let them know...
    Who is "them" for goodness sake? Reasonable I think to assume by your single opening line line, that the buckle belonged to you. Please do not tell me that this DJ buckle features on a dealers site and that you are vetting it without declaring another party's interest.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Gents, sorry for the late input, I am sure the markings are in one the the books as well under the fake section
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    ...I am sure the markings are in one the the books as well under the fake section..
    Interestingly Ben, this quite specific and dare I say not often encountered style of Berg & Nolte AG marking, does not feature in our fake DJ/HJ "sticky", although unfortunately appears in one of the reference books as correct to an original SA buckle, which it is definitely not on both counts.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast