Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

DJ/HJ Conversion Buckles

Article about: Hello, guys and thanks for the comments. David, thank you for sharing your example and a very nice one it is! I think you are correct that our conversion buckles share the same roundel. Perh

Default DJ/HJ Conversion Buckles

Hey, guys. Just thought I'd share these images of my recently acquired DJ/HJ conversion buckle by Assmann. To me these are very interesting and unique buckles.

In 1937 the DJ buckle, originally worn by boys 10-14 years old, was ordered to be discontinued. The HJ buckle was now to be worn by the entire DJ/HJ youth range of 10-18 years old. Despite the order to discontinue in earlier 1937, I believe (though I may be corrected here) that the DJ buckle was allowed to be worn until the end of 1937. To save on production costs, DJ buckles were converted to the HJ by only three authorized firms from Lüdenscheid: F.W. Assmann & Söhne, Christian Theodor Dicke and Overhoff & Cie.

Perhaps if other members hold examples of these they can post them here. Chad also started an excellent thread on these DJ/HJ conversion buckles which can be found here: DJ to HJ conversion buckles

Best to you all,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DJ/HJ Conversion Buckles   DJ/HJ Conversion Buckles  

DJ/HJ Conversion Buckles  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DJ/HJ Conversion Buckles
    P
    Many

Default Re: DJ/HJ Conversion Buckles

I love these buckles Adam and would love to get hold of one for my collection !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hello Adam

An extremely attractive DJ to HJ conversion buckle with the added bonus to myself at least, as viewing an originally RZM 17 DJ. A highly desirable marking I think.

Your information is quite correct and I think that someone has in the past suggested that the conversion process was undertaken by three buckle manufacturers, by whom, was dependent on the wearers location. Having said that, all of the three were located within the well known Lüdenscheid.

Here is my example and perhaps our buckles share the same roundel?

Regards,

David

Very nice.

Lovely examples indeed David

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Great buckles - and a type of HJ that is missing in my collection as well! Still on the hunt!
    Cheers!

Rob

?

My example.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast