Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Early Nickeled Hitler Jugend Buckle w/RZM Code KH 24

Article about: The market is what people are willing to pay for items they want, i have paid more money for certain items that i wanted, so sometimes price does'nt really matter, all depends on the buyer,

Default Re: Early Nickeled Hitler Jugend Buckle w/RZM Code KH 24

Adam

A good first choice.

The second though must be the Assmann in "kriegsmetall". It is very rare to see one in such sparkling condition. Perhaps a good idea to somehow secure or hold the Assmann for the time being and actually, I personally would forget the KH 24.

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Nickeled Hitler Jugend Buckle w/RZM Code KH 24
    P
    Many

?

Adam,

Definitely a good choice to go for the M5 first. This is not an easy buckle to find in any condition and the one you've shown really does retain a lot of the silver paint to the obverse. For whatever reason, the paint peels off very easily, so handle with care. Even in an advanced HJ buckle collection, this one will be a keeper!

Best regards,
    Kurt

Agree with Kurt.

Here by the way are images of the one that I have.

Regards,

David

?

And here's the one I once had...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Nickeled Hitler Jugend Buckle w/RZM Code KH 24  

?

The M5 would be my choice too. Also the zink moulded buckle is pretty unusual and nice !
    Regards

Matt

Default Re: Early Nickelled Hitler Jugend Buckle w/RZM Code KH 24

Find a good and comfortable home for this HJ chaps - on sale today at a super price and in my opinion, a very interesting known variant - no ears and a one piece pin and claw arrangement.

An unusually good finish to the obverse as well.

Regards,

David

Thanks for all the help, guys. I ended up just getting both of them and I'll post pictures here soon when time permits. In regards to the first KH buckle I showed you all, I was still thinking about it just because I really would like a nice early nickeled buckle. I say this other early nickeled type buckle by Assmann shown below. What do you guys think about this one (selling for $125) vs. the first KH buckle which is still available for $100?

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Nickeled Hitler Jugend Buckle w/RZM Code KH 24  
    Attached Images Attached Images Early Nickeled Hitler Jugend Buckle w/RZM Code KH 24  Early Nickeled Hitler Jugend Buckle w/RZM Code KH 24  Early Nickeled Hitler Jugend Buckle w/RZM Code KH 24 

Default H.J.

Adam, the latest HJ buckle that you have shown is essentially an early nickle silver HJ with a C catch, manufactured by Assmann.

Having said that, for those who collect early nickle silver HJ's with a C catch and having been manufactured by Assmann, this is a buckle with a very rare set of markings. GES. GESCH. on the lip and A & S under the pin shroud is seldom seen and I know of only a few of these buckles in private collections.

Here are images of the one that I hold.

Regards,

David

?

Adam,
    Where do you find them? as David said, essentially just an early Assmann HJ, but with markings to kill for if that's your inclination. Get it!!
    Rgds, Kurt

Hey, guys...thanks for the replies. My friend in New York showed me this latest buckle. He's a collector along with his dad and they have a lot of connections with sellers in that area and go to a lot of shows. They're not major buckle collectors themselves, but since I've started collecting they send me pictures of different ones they come across.

I think I've had some beginner's luck, finding the M5 HJ and Assmann HJ in Kriegsmetall on my own at an antique shop here in Los Angeles.

Anyways, I told my friend to pick up the early nickeled Assmann with the rarer markings. I like the markings and that it's rare (an unexpected bonus!) but I also just like the buckle for the roundel and overall appearance...A nice early nickeled HJ to be the first in my collection

I told my friend about my M5 buckle purchase and he sent me these pictures of one that his dad got. I like it and was interested since it's different than mine. However it's also curious...I'm not sure why the RZM tag has M4 on it. What do you guys think? I left my camera in northern California this past weekend, so I'll share my own photos of the new buckles soon hopefully.

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Nickeled Hitler Jugend Buckle w/RZM Code KH 24   Early Nickeled Hitler Jugend Buckle w/RZM Code KH 24  

Early Nickeled Hitler Jugend Buckle w/RZM Code KH 24   Early Nickeled Hitler Jugend Buckle w/RZM Code KH 24  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast