Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Gold HJ - a hot topic, loved and hated - please add pics if you hold one - lets discuss

Article about: Gold HJ - good, bad, real , fake, period oddity, fantasy item... As of this day, I am not aware of any known regulation stating the gold color for HJ buckles should exist at all. Some have s

Default Gold HJ - a hot topic, loved and hated - please add pics if you hold one - lets discuss

Gold HJ - good, bad, real , fake, period oddity, fantasy item... As of this day, I am not aware of any known regulation stating the gold color for HJ buckles should exist at all. Some have speculated in the past of a HJ Marine tie in as the Kreigsmarine buckles were gold painted or Gilt. Just because there is not documentation doesn't mean that they are fake. Who is RZM 33 ? we know that this is a real maker, but the name was left off the roll of the RZM. But we know it is still good. I am not trying to sway anyone for or against; as I myself have still not made up my mind about the gold HJ buckles. I hold a few in my collection. I never paid more than a normal HJ buckle for them; nor was I sold a special story of rarity or HJ Marine with it. The dealers I bought them from just thought " another HJ buckle " and priced it accordingly. I will post my buckles here and I urge anyone else holding one to please post it here so that we may see the variety and traits of these infamous oddities. I would love some open minded and intellectual conversations about the pros and cons of all the buckles shown.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gold HJ - a hot topic, loved and hated - please add pics if you hold one - lets discuss
    P
    Many

HJ painted steel buckle marked RZM M4/44 -

Gold HJ - a hot topic, loved and hated - please add pics if you hold one - lets discuss

HJ painted zinc buckle marked RZM M4/45 (the 45 has been stamped over a ground off 24)
    This buckle like a few others I have has been marked by 2 different manufacturers. I will start another thread on this subject soon.

?

Here is a RZM M/4 110 JFS. The gold paint is identical to a Water Police buckle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gold HJ - a hot topic, loved and hated - please add pics if you hold one - lets discuss   Gold HJ - a hot topic, loved and hated - please add pics if you hold one - lets discuss  

?

This one is a M4/24 Fredick Linden. I was told it's gold finish is do to a coating called zapon. I is a clear coating the turns gold over time. That is what a member wrote on another forum.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gold HJ - a hot topic, loved and hated - please add pics if you hold one - lets discuss   Gold HJ - a hot topic, loved and hated - please add pics if you hold one - lets discuss