Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this Hitler Jugend Belt Buckle authentic to the WW2 period or a fake?

Article about: Hello everyone, It has been a while since I have posted on the forum. I sure could use some experienced opinions on a few possible purchases from an acquaintance of mine. I have here a HJ be

Default Is this Hitler Jugend Belt Buckle authentic to the WW2 period or a fake?

Hello everyone,
    It has been a while since I have posted on the forum. I sure could use some experienced opinions on a few possible purchases from an acquaintance of mine. I have here a HJ belt buckle manufactured by Josef Feix and have a couple concerns. First, there seems to be a die flaw just below the lower right arm of the swastika. Is this a known anomaly? Second, the eagle's right wing at the 11:00 position seems to be a little rounded and not as squared off as the left wing at the 1:00 position. Minor, but still a concern. Any information and opinions would certainly be appreciated and helpful before I pull the trigger on this item. Thank you in advance for your expertise!
    Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this Hitler Jugend Belt Buckle authentic to the WW2 period or a fake?   Is this Hitler Jugend Belt Buckle authentic to the WW2 period or a fake?  

Is this Hitler Jugend Belt Buckle authentic to the WW2 period or a fake?   Is this Hitler Jugend Belt Buckle authentic to the WW2 period or a fake?  

Is this Hitler Jugend Belt Buckle authentic to the WW2 period or a fake?   Is this Hitler Jugend Belt Buckle authentic to the WW2 period or a fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this Hitler Jugend Belt Buckle authentic to the WW2 period or a fake?
    P
    Many

?

Usually, we see these type of weldment circles on steel fakes.. JMO, wait for other opinions, G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this Hitler Jugend Belt Buckle authentic to the WW2 period or a fake?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Is this Hitler Jugend Belt Buckle authentic to the WW2 period or a fake? 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

The buckle is original. The catch with the dots is on a lot of fakes. You have to look at the ears and other features. In hand the fakes have a cheap feel and finish.

Thank you Gwar. I appreciate your input. I was looking at some earlier Threads on original HJ buckles and see what you mean about the the lack of circle weld marks. Not sure what to think now?!?!?

Hello Kirby,
    Thanks for your opinion. It looks as if this could be an original with some obvious weld marks. Is it unheard of to see any of these weld marks on other original Third Reich Buckles? The ears I take it are the frame ends bent over to protect the post and prongs and have seen the difference on earlier Threads of fake HJ buckles. Thanks again for your time and input on this buckle. Much appreciated!!

Hello community,
    After the two responses I'm still straddling the fence on this buckle. If anyone can give me some additional reinforcing opinions and/or information to make a confident decision it would be greatly appreciated. Also, is this flaw in the die mentioned above a known error to an original??? Thanks again everyone, I truly appreciate your knowledge and time!!!

?

Use the search function HJ M4/110. You will find buckles. just like yours deemed original.

?

An original buckle for me. I enlarged your 1st photo and the spot you mention on the bottom of the swastika almost looks like a spot of solder. Not sure why it would be there.

For comparison, here is a link with several examples of steel JFS HJ buckles.

HJ Buckle - M4/110 JFS

Thank you Kirby for the search function. Extremely helpful. I'm sold!!!

I appreciate the link weller. It looks like all of it's brethren. Thanks!!! Oh, by the way I did a google search of HJ buckles and a posting on eMedels came up that you might find interesting. If you get a chance go to eMedals and search G10337. Same flaw next to the swastika.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast