Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hitler Youth Buckle

Article about: Hi everyone. Thanks for showing interest in my item. I have seen an almost identical one on a thread here somewhere. It started off with people assuming it wasn’t real but under more researc

?

Default Hitler Youth Buckle

Hi everyone. Thanks for showing interest in my item. I have seen an almost identical one on a thread here somewhere. It started off with people assuming it wasn’t real but under more research it proved to just be a rare variant. I shall upload some pictures to see what you think. The man who sold it to me at a militaria fair promised me it was genuine. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Youth Buckle   Hitler Youth Buckle  

Hitler Youth Buckle   Hitler Youth Buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Youth Buckle
    P
    Many

?

Welcome Elliot, odd buckle, there are some that resemble this injection molded type without ears, the catch is throwing me off though, I do see some trace evidence/ blobs that usually appear on some cast fakes but it just may be left over from the manufacturing process, the prongs are not looking good IMO, Best wait for Ben Evans or David North among others to verify originality.. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Okay Gwar. I appreciate you having a look at it. Yes the prongs were the apparent reason he sold it to me for a discount. Wasn’t going to use it. More of a display piece really. Yes, I have seen the thread of a very similar buckle however the catch is very different from the usual authentic ones.

?

Quote by Ell137 View Post
    Okay Gwar. I appreciate you having a look at it. Yes the prongs were the apparent reason he sold it to me for a discount. Wasn’t going to use it. More of a display piece really. Yes, I have seen the thread of a very similar buckle however the catch is very different from the usual authentic ones.
    Kind of reminds me of the fakes that have been circulating around for years, just by the catch alone..

?

This is a Polish / Czech fake... Notice the similarities, for me a 'Dud'.. wait for others to confirm.
    Attached Images Attached Images Hitler Youth Buckle 

?

Thank you. That’s what I was worried about. We will see what the others say. It’s a real shame if it is. I’m a new collector (Couple of helmets and bayonet) and 19 years old. The event was full of great items. It would be typical if the one thing I bought was fake.

MAP
    ?

Thank you. That’s what I was worried about. We will see what the others say. It’s a real shame if it is. I’m a new collector (Couple of helmets and bayonet) and 19 years old. The event was full of great items. It would be typical if the one thing I bought was fake.
    Elliot

Always disappointing to get bad news but it is always better to know

As a new collector, it is more likely than not to buy some duds. All of us on the forum have a draw, closet or box full of them.

But now that you found WRF, mistakes are avoidable. Always post an item for verification BEFORE you purchase
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Sorry but as the guys have stated, a common copy.
    Ben

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Sorry but as the guys have stated, a common copy.
    Okay. The news I started to expect! Thank you all though for being so helpful. Whilst I’m here, would I be able to post WW1 German Bayonet somewhere?
    Cheers everyone
    Elliot

MAP
    ?

Okay. The news I started to expect! Thank you all though for being so helpful. Whilst I’m here, would I be able to post WW1 German Bayonet somewhere?
    Cheers everyone
    Elliot
    You can post it here

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...ustro-hungary/
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast