MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

HJ

Article about: Hello, please give your opinion on this buckle. I know this is a rare zinc clamp ! Is everything OK ???

Default HJ

Hello, please give your opinion on this buckle. I know this is a rare zinc clamp ! Is everything OK ???
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ   HJ  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ
    P
    Many

?

Nice original zinc buckle from F W. Assmann & Söhne, Lüdenscheid. The '1' in the dome is the number of the mold pattern.

Have a look at this link for the many variations from Assmann - including buckles similar to your buckle:

HJ/DJ Assmann Variations

?

Very nice original buckle. Here is another example of a molded Assmann with #2.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ   HJ  

HJ  

Thanks for your opinions.

Very nice buckle indeed
    Ben

I think that the Assmann HJ buckle which started this thread is a good example of the type by the overall uniform colour and the crisp obverse detail. In my opinion though and this is not meant to be derogatory, it is not a particularly rare buckle.

Attached is an example of the same "dimple back" HJ buckle by Assmann, however which has been produced by mould number 2. Also attached is a photo merge of the roundels from moulds 1 and 2, in order to compare the differences in detail.

Regards and best wishes,

David