Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HJ Otto Honsel, Werdohl Fake?

Article about: I am looking for help to confirm this buckle is indeed a fake. I like the detail on the from but the RZ marking and visible cast flaws look bad. There was only a couple others in the forum t

Default HJ Otto Honsel, Werdohl Fake?

I am looking for help to confirm this buckle is indeed a fake. I like the detail on the front but the RZ marking and visible cast flaws look bad. There was only a couple others in the forum that looked much better quality. I had also read this maker has not been faked yet but who knows. This might now confirm this maker is faked as well. All thoughts and opinions are appreciated. Thank you for looking. This came out of an old reliable military collection so I did not even look closely at it.
    John

HJ Otto Honsel, Werdohl Fake?HJ Otto Honsel, Werdohl Fake?HJ Otto Honsel, Werdohl Fake?HJ Otto Honsel, Werdohl Fake?HJ Otto Honsel, Werdohl Fake?
    Last edited by Rescue190; 11-14-2020 at 03:07 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Otto Honsel, Werdohl Fake?
    P
    Many

?

I don't believe these are being faked yet, I have noticed that most of the originals all look pretty shoddy, I even commented so on Weller's post a few years ago, as I thought his specimen was a cast fake, Wewelsburg had a similar buckle he also bought and both of them looked off, but they were indeed original, best to let Ben or the others verify though. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Looks like a nice original aluminum HJ from a maker that is not that easy to find. Sometimes the stampings and wear on aluminum buckles are a bit rough, I have few HJ, RAD etc like this. As mentioned, do not think this HJ maker has been faked, or is a maker used on the reproduction/reenactor buckles.

Thank you weller, much appreciated.
    John

?

The buckle looks original except for the RZM mark is a little concerning. I found this example with a nice RZM but the eagles head looks like a double strike.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Otto Honsel, Werdohl Fake?  

?

Kirby, double strikes are a common occurrence with die struck buckles IMO, I had several RAD buckles that were double struck..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Agree, it is just a weak/bad stamp on the backside, the M4 marking is thin as well. These are mid 1930's buckle and quality varies.

Just picked up this thread, for me the colour of the buckle is correct, the markings could be down to wear. Nice buckle for me
    Ben

Good buckle and not easy to find in this condition.

?

OK, here is an early aluminum buckle with a very rough backside. A buckle that one would buy?
    Attached Images Attached Images HJ Otto Honsel, Werdohl Fake? 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast