MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nickel HJ buckle maker?

Article about: Hi guys regarding this buckle I have no doubt about being ok but cannot work out who the maker is, maybe you could please give me some help? Regards

Default Nickel HJ buckle maker?

Hi guys regarding this buckle I have no doubt about being ok but cannot work out who the maker is, maybe you could please give me some help? Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nickel HJ buckle maker?   Nickel HJ buckle maker?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nickel HJ buckle maker?
    P
    Many

Not got time to look but could be Richard Seiper, look through the HJ makers thread
    Ben

Spot on Ben post number 72

H J Makers

?

Nice early nickel buckle. Just curious, does your buckle have the very small and early RZM 50 (M1 code) maker mark under the prong bar? Here is my example for reference:

Rzm 50

Not mine yet will ask the seller and as soon as I find out will let you know
    Quote by weller View Post
    Nice early nickel buckle. Just curious, does your buckle have the very small and early RZM 50 (M1 code) maker mark under the prong bar? Here is my example for reference:

Rzm 50

?

This is a very interesting buckle. All RZM 50 marked buckles I have seen - SA and HJ - have large "ears". Cramer also used this HJ eagle design, but their buckles from this period have distinctive ears as well, being quite different from the tiny ones on this buckle. Can't wait for jamaoros' further input!

?

I also noticed the ears looked a bit different when I reviewed the buckle again.

Hi Kurt I appreciate all your comments which are very interesting about this buckle I have asked the seller for more in detailed pictures it is great to know that the buckle looks interesting to you will hopefully get back to you as soon as possible
    Quote by Kurt D View Post
    This is a very interesting buckle. All RZM 50 marked buckles I have seen - SA and HJ - have large "ears". Cramer also used this HJ eagle design, but their buckles from this period have distinctive ears as well, being quite different from the tiny ones on this buckle. Can't wait for jamaoros' further input!

Both the picture starting the thread and the one listed on the HJ maker for comparison
    Attached Images Attached Images Nickel HJ buckle maker?  Nickel HJ buckle maker? 

?

Hi Jamoros

Thank you, and I should have explained myself better. IF your buckle has a RZM 50 marking under the prongs, this would indicate Sieper as its manufacturer. But, on all SA and HJ buckles with this marking I have seen, the buckle's "ears" are uniformly different from your buckle's, being much larger. "Ears" is a nerdy way to describe the fold-over on a buckle's reverse covering the top and bottom of the pin and claw assembly. Compare your buckle's ears to both post # 72 on the "HJ makers thread" and weller's buckle on his "Rzm 50" thread and you will see what I mean. Cramer also made HJ buckles with the same eagle design as Sieper, but on their buckles from the same period the ears are consistently different from Sieper buckles. What got me so excited was that possibly your buckle might be by another manufacturer using this same design. Having had another good squint at your buckle, I think it might possibly be by Cramer after all. Am hoping for and looking forward to more pictures of your buckle's reverse - ears in particular - as and when you get it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast