Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Opinion for this M4 / 49 buckled

Article about: Good evening All, Would like an opinion on this nice buckle that appears to be a Steinhauer & Luck, Lüdenscheid cast Zink ? Nothing about it pulls the magnet. Thanks in advance for your

Hello members I have a HJ buckle with the finish on the front and still rzm tagged .I have others with some finish on front and some with finish on the backs This is the nicest.also it has a #1 on it I guess is the mold # Like David said the metal seemed to eat the finish away my SS buckle has very little on front about seventy % on back .Thought I show this too the members . Thank you charlie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinion for this M4 / 49 buckled   Opinion for this M4 / 49 buckled  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinion for this M4 / 49 buckled
    P
    Many

Quote by Charlie55 View Post
    …I have a HJ buckle with the finish on the front…
    The buckle that you have shown Charlie is quite simply, the best example of the type that I have ever seen. A spectacular unworn buckle and with the added bonus of seeing attached still, the original RZM tax label.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Thanks David.I had this buckle twenty plus years .Here are a few more for you and the members to look at . First three pics buckle still in tissue and tagged it is aluminum,odd tag is not ink marked M55. Third and forth pics buckle is molded aluminum very light weight. Last two pics very heavy molded pot metal odd that it’s M5 marked . Had these also for years . Got them back in the day when they were there. Hope you all enjoy .Thanks Charlie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinion for this M4 / 49 buckled   Opinion for this M4 / 49 buckled  

Opinion for this M4 / 49 buckled   Opinion for this M4 / 49 buckled  

Opinion for this M4 / 49 buckled   Opinion for this M4 / 49 buckled  

?

Nice buckles Charlie. Here is a sticky thread of only M4/55 HJ buckles in mint condition. You can add your buckle here. Do note that no buckle has the RZM tag with ink stamped maker.

Mint IKA HJ series thread.

Hello Jeff,

Before responding to Charlie following his posting of 3 excellent HJ buckles, I wonder what you mean when you say...

Quote by weller View Post
    ...Do note that no buckle has the RZM tag with ink stamped maker...
    It is more than likely that I have utterly misunderstood what you have said and as such, I did not wish to "lead with my chin".

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

Quote by David North View Post
    Hello Jeff,

Before responding to Charlie following his posting of 3 excellent HJ buckles, I wonder what you mean when you say...

It is more than likely that I have utterly misunderstood what you have said and as such, I did not wish to "lead with my chin".

Regards and best wishes,

David
    Hi David - the 3rd pic in post #11, the Assmann that Charlie posted has the M4/39 inked stamped on the RZM tag. I believe Charlie is commenting that his mint M4/55 does not have such an ink stamp. I looked thru the mint M4/55 sticky thread, which I included in my response, and noted that the other examples in this thread of mint buckles also did not have the ink stamp.
    Cheers -
    Jeff

Many thanks for the clarification Jeff and my apologies for misunderstanding the observation that you made. I completely agree with what you have said and whilst these mint and unissued aluminium HJ buckles by Julius Kremp are extremely well known and documented, I have never seen one with an RZM 'tax label" which displays the makers code.

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

Quote by David North View Post
    Many thanks for the clarification Jeff and my apologies for misunderstanding the observation that you made. I completely agree with what you have said and whilst these mint and unissued aluminium HJ buckles by Julius Kremp are extremely well known and documented, I have never seen one with an RZM 'tax label" which displays the makers code.

Regards and best wishes,

David
    No worries David and always good to hear from you. To be sure, the mint M4/55 example I have as shown in the thread, I purchased from you back in better times. Many thanks. Lately I've enjoyed trying to assist where I can on various threads, mostly HJ. Here is a photo from our fellow collector Markus, dated around 1980.
    Attached Images Attached Images Opinion for this M4 / 49 buckled 

Quote by weller View Post
    ...Here is a photo from our fellow collector Markus, dated around 1980...
    I remember this image extremely well and then as even now, it is a little puzzling. What exactly is it supposed to show I wonder? The entire Kremp hoard or perhaps a mix of mint and unissued HJ buckles which just happen to include those manufactured by Kremp? It would seem unfortunately that Markus is not as active on the Forum as he once was, otherwise and I am sure that my question of sorts, would be instantly answered.

Two different styles of RZM tax labels can be clearly seen within the image and the label with the production number and batch designation of 016631F clearly is a Kremp, despite the lack of a makers M4 code. The other RZM tax label is the mystery as the production number and batch designation of 155003G are not within the hoards recognised numerical listings and furthermore, the label shows an M4 stamp which despite being jolly difficult to read, is not I think M4/55.

It matters not I suppose as it is an impressive image and which in my opinion shows an assorted cache of mint and unissued HJ buckles, which just happen to include those manufactured by Julius Kremp, Lüdenscheid.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2