Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Two Piece HJ buckles - non conversion DJ buckles

Article about: Hello guys, I would like to start a thread here about a very rare type of HJ buckle.. one that was not supposed to exist. 2 piece HJ .. I need to clarify that what I am talking about does no

Default Two Piece HJ buckles - non conversion DJ buckles

Hello guys,
    I would like to start a thread here about a very rare type of HJ buckle.. one that was not supposed to exist. 2 piece HJ .. I need to clarify that what I am talking about does not include the DJ conversion buckles.
    Regulations never approved HJ to be made in 2 piece production; and my opinion is that this was because kids had to wear them while playing, hiking and just being kids in them (which meant a 2 piece design was not sturdy enough). They exist anyway. I have a few examples which are marked, that show that manufacturers made these for some reason... maybe to use up stock of 2 piece materials on hand? or perhaps to fill an immediate order and didn't have the right materials for the order that day? Regardless of the reason, they made them.
    I would love for anyone holding any of these rare buckles to please post them here in this thread.. I will post my examples in the morning ( it is 1am here )
    Thank you,
    Chad
    Last edited by Ben Evans; 03-21-2020 at 08:11 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two Piece HJ buckles - non conversion DJ buckles
    P
    Many

this first buckle was my first 2 piece HJ (HJ2P-1) nickel over brass box with a nickel over steel rondel. Buckle is marked RZM M/4/27 for Overhoff & Cie

?

Looking forward to seeing your examples. I have never come across one. I helped my buddy Garry sort through about a 100 HJ buckles and he didn’t have any. He must of had 8-10 of the nickel Assmann with the 4 marks by the catch. That might be the most common HJ buckle.

2nd buckle (HJ2P-2) is a nickel over brass box with a nickel over brass rondel. Box is maker marked RZM 36 for Berg & Nolte

third buckle (HJ2P-3) is gold paint over brass box and gold paint over brass rondel. Box is marked RZM 36 for Berg & Nolte. If anyone would like to discuss the gold paint aspect of this buckle please PM me and I will make a separate thread for this buckle and another that I hold that have gold paint.

4th buckle (HJ2P-4) is a nickel over brass box with a nickel over steel rondel. Box is marked RZM M/4/27 for Overhoff & Cie. The catch on the box is shaped differently then the catch on the first buckle (HJ2P-1)

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two Piece HJ buckles - non conversion DJ buckles  

fifth buckle (HJ2P-5) this buckle is a nickel over brass box with a nickel over brass rondel. Box is marked RZM 36 for Berg & Notle first and then was marked RZM M/4/27 for Overhoff & Cie over the top of original mark.
    I would like to start another or add this to an existing thread about double maker marked (2 different makers on one buckle) buckles. I have always wondered what the situation with these was.. was it a subcontractor, cooperative or wholesaler vs final constructor situation or possibly multiple situations that caused these buckles and markings to be.

Sixth and final buckle from my collection (HJ2P-6) is a nickel over brass box with a nickel over brass rondel. Box is marked R. Thiel Danzig

?

Very nice selection of two piece HJ buckles. I have a rare HJ buckle that is two piece, but it was referred to as a DJ conversion when I posted it some years back. Buckle is different that most two piece DJs, and is clearly not the DJ conversion where the rune can be seen on the back of buckle.

Weller
    was it a 2 piece DJ that was then converted to HJ during the conversion period? can you please post pictures for the group
    thank you
    Chad

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast