Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What Kind Of Buckle is This?

Article about: Stuka f, not finding fault with your language skills.

Default What Kind Of Buckle is This?

Hi, I found this belt buckle. It is from a seller in Poland. Listing says it a "SS Hitlerjugend" Here is what I found out about them. Very interesting. "...to create a new division consisting exclusively of volunteers from the Hitler Youth born in the year 1926. The Division was to be a symbol of the willingness of the German youth to sacrifice itself and of it's will to achieve total victory."

Is that what this buckle is? is it rare? I have never seen one before. It looks like it's been chromed or nickel plated, and also cleaned.

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What Kind Of Buckle is This?   What Kind Of Buckle is This?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What Kind Of Buckle is This?
    P
    Many

Default Re: What Kind Of Buckle is This?

Looks good to me ; but it is" Pimfjes", before becoming HJ !

Quote by stuka f View Post
    Looks good to me ; but it is" Pimfjes", before becoming HJ !
    I do not understand "but it is" Pimfjes" : )

Regards

OKW
    ?

He's refering to the group boys were in prior to joining the hitler youth, the spellings not right neither is this probably, pimfs. The buckle is from that organisation. Do a web search on the hj organisation that will explain better.

Quote by OKW View Post
    He's refering to the group boys were in prior to joining the hitler youth, the spellings not right neither is this probably, pimfs. The buckle is from that organisation. Do a web search on the hj organisation that will explain better.
    Hi, thanks, yes just did a google on it. I guess they considered the HJ a stepping stone to the SS.

Is this an uncommon buckle?

Regards, Steve

Quote by OKW View Post
    Yes indeed sorry,Pimfs are the youth under the age of 10. After the age of 10 they can join the HJ.
    Pimfjes is a familiar term in our language.

Quote by Kilroy Was Here View Post
    Hi, thanks, yes just did a google on it. I guess they considered the HJ a stepping stone to the SS.

Is this an uncommon buckle?

Regards, Steve
    There should be less than HJ but not that uncommon.
    There was a treath not long ago about them on thise forum.

Hi....This is commonly called a DJ buckle - for the Deutsche Jugend....a lead up the the Hitler Jugend. These buckles are not rare....though harder to find than HJ buckles. Your examples is hampered by the missing prongs and destroyed prong bar long with the damage to the front.
    What is nice are the stampings on yours given that most DJ buckles were not marked.

Hope this helps!
    Cheers!
    Rob

As Rob has quite rightly said - a DJ buckle.

A pity about the condition, as this one by Paul Cramer displays an interesting and slightly under size (from the "standard"), Sig Rune.

Attached are images of the same DJ buckle and again by Paul Cramer, although with the manufacturers UE code, rather than the first series RZM code (as originally posted).

Regards,

David

Real shame about the condition
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast