MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Deutsche Jugend lapel badge

Article about: Any help to discover if this item is a fake would be appreciated. Regards Bill

Default Deutsche Jugend lapel badge

Any help to discover if this item is a fake would be appreciated. Regards Bill
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutsche Jugend lapel badge   Deutsche Jugend lapel badge  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsche Jugend lapel badge
    P
    Many

Default Re: Deutsche Jugend lapel badge

Hiya Bill, this looks like an accepted good badge.
    All the best
    Doug

Thanks for the information.

No problem Bill.
    Your badge is made by Otto Schickle and is a nice unusual variant.
    The transitional party badges made by this firm normally had a pin back rather than your buttonhole example.
    All the best
    Doug

Saladin, I appreciate your information. It seems that people are reproducing anything and everything from the period.

I agree Bill, even tatty tinnies are being done these days!
    All the best
    Doug

Doug, the first item I placed on this site was an "SS Skull and Eagle".........this was shown to be iffy. Why would these crook use the wrong style of pins ? To cheat people you would expect something near the mark. I would have expected a little more skill and more thought.

Quote by Saladin View Post
    Your badge is made by Otto Schickle
    N° 72 - Fritz Zimmermann in Stuttgart i believe... (Schickle had the license N° 75 for small insignia)

Quote by Metallwarenfabrik View Post
    N° 72 - Fritz Zimmermann in Stuttgart i believe... (Schickle had the license N° 75 for small insignia)
    Whoops...looked at the wrong RZM makers Mark..72 is Zimmerman

Quote by English Bill View Post
    Doug, the first item I placed on this site was an "SS Skull and Eagle".........this was shown to be iffy. Why would these crook use the wrong style of pins ? To cheat people you would expect something near the mark. I would have expected a little more skill and more thought.
    You have to remember Bill, long before the internet came out collectors just collected. I certainly didn't have any knowledge about the fakes that were being produced.
    It was obvious that some badges were just reproductions due to the poor quality.
    I consider fakes in various categories.
    1st one are badges and other regalia that were reproduced shortly after the war to feed the thirst of occupying forces to take a bit of the Nazi Regime back with them.
    Some of these I believe could have been made from the original dies or left over pieces from the factories.
    2nd lot are the bits that were produced en masse by the old German factories I quote a couple of examples: Steinhauer and Luck with their Knights Crosses and Souval down in Vienna. This was to feed the growing collectors market of the 60s and 70s
    3rd lot are the crude examples that came out in the 60s and 70s
    4th. Till eventually items are made with the pure intention to deceive.
    As the technology gets better the reproductions get better.Remember people who fake badges are more than likely members or have access to the forums and use this knowledge to better their wares.

I have seen items listed on forums that are deemed to be good but I would not have them in my collection and items deemed to be reproductions that I would be quite happy to own.

It is only forums like these that have brought our knowledge in the collecting field closer to getting to the truth of our own collections.

I had a quick look at the posts you made to find the eagle and skull and both are deemed to be not acceptable in the collectors world.
    They probably fall in between my categories of 3 and 4.

Remember on a forum it is only the viewers opinion to good and bad so the decision as to what the badge is eventually falls to you. Although I must admit there are some very knowledgeable people who write here and I appreciate their input and advice.

I took some advice from a forum once and lost out big style!!!

Anyway just my opinion

Your Juncker Fallschirmjaeger badge is lovely by the way. I would love that in my collection!

All the best
    Doug