Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fantasy HJ Badge?

Article about: Was this basic HJ shooting badge ever made by this maker? I believe the HJ badge with either the silver or gold wreath around it was made by Wilhelm Deumer but not this one? I’ve recently

Default Fantasy HJ Badge?

Was this basic HJ shooting badge ever made by this maker? I believe the HJ badge with either the silver or gold wreath around it was made by Wilhelm Deumer but not this one? I’ve recently been told that it’s a fantasy badge which is a little strange as I’m pretty sure these badges actually do exist. I’m assuming that they meant that it’s a reproduction. The majority I asked said that it’s an original, but one chap had said that he’d asked someone in the know about all things HJ and that he’d said it was 100% fake. I’ve seen a few being sold on various sites but I would really like it if someone here could give their opinion as to whether this badge is a late war type or just a fake? Many thanks in advance.

Fantasy HJ Badge?Fantasy HJ Badge?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fantasy HJ Badge?
    P
    Many

Not a fantasy but its a HJ Schießauszeichnung für Meisterschützen, however its originality isn't something I can vouch for. Others will opine.

Many thanks my friend, any knowledge passed on is greatly appreciated. Can anyone else say whether it’s an original or not?

Does anyone know if this is a legitimate HJ badge as in is it an original or a reproduction? Is there a link anywhere where I could clear this up for myself? Any help will be greatly appreciated my friends. Many thanks in advance.

?

Apparently these are often faked. I have one and it was deemed a reproduction. I'm inclined to think yours is a repro based on those strange rivets on the pin plate. I really can't say for sure. I know there is a HJ forum that advanced collectors often refer to:

The Hitler Youth Militaria and Research Forum

HJ Shooting Badge Authentic ?

closeups of my HJ shooting badge (as requested) fake!
    Regards, Al

I agree with the others that this is a genuine design but doubt that this is an original example of it.

I am not an HJ expert and only have a few HJ items in my collection. However the early pieces were plated brass and enamel but although I am unsure whether late war items went down the painted zinc economy route as with most other badges of the TR I think it is the case. So, is this a late war example? No, I really don't think so. It is not as well executed as the worst of those and the finish is not right. Also as mentioned the riveted pin plate is very odd IMO.

Here are the early ones I have in my collection.

Regards

Mark
    Fantasy HJ Badge?Fantasy HJ Badge?
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Thanks for the info. The strange looking plate is due to the material the badge is actually made of which is like a plastic material, similar to what some tinnies are made out of. Things aren’t looking good for this badge!

Quote by BILLYHUNT View Post
    Thanks for the info. The strange looking plate is due to the material the badge is actually made of which is like a plastic material, similar to what some tinnies are made out of. Things aren’t looking good for this badge!
    Well, unless I am very much mistaken I would say that the material being plastic is the single most damming factor and just screams WRONG!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Yeah, I would like to clear up my last statement. While I do believe the plate was used because of the badges material I don’t actually believe it is a plastic material. I did say it was “like” a plastic material. Even in my photo it does look like a plastic material but having held it in my hand, the feel of it and it’s weight says that it is more than likely made of zinc. Also I’m not entirely convinced that this badge is fake and my lack of knowledge tends to keep me on the side of caution but I think this badge still has a good chance of being a good, late war produced badge. If anyone can prove to me different then please show me your evidence. If I take the majority of the comments I’ve had so far, it wouldn’t be far off 50/50. Judging by that percentage it would seem to me that 50% don’t know what they are talking about, lol.

Quote by BILLYHUNT View Post
    If I take the majority of the comments I’ve had so far, it wouldn’t be far off 50/50. Judging by that percentage it would seem to me that 50% don’t know what they are talking about, lol.
    As only three members expressed any opinion I wonder which of the 50/50 don't know what we are talking about?

Judging by such a comment it appears you don't need any more input.

Me out

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast