Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help - HJ shooting badge

Article about: Here's the front. Tom Excuse the cut out.

Default Help - HJ shooting badge

I have been offered this badge and although I feel it may be a good one I ask that you please have a look and give me your opinion. Also please a rough estimate at value, I know some sites have them on for $200. Thank you.
    Tom
    Please excuse shoddy photos, not mine
    Attached Images Attached Images Help - HJ shooting badge  Help - HJ shooting badge 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help - HJ shooting badge
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help - HJ shooting badge

Starting to look bad for this one. Looked at two posted on this forum and their black enamel rings are narrower and the enamel is not sunken. I have read somewhere that the M1/102 marked badges are suspect? The motive around the outside also is slightly off. I count 5 leaves between the rifle stocks on the two posted and mine shows only 4. Any further info would be great, thanks.
    Tom

Quote by StuG III View Post
    Starting to look bad for this one. Looked at two posted on this forum and their black enamel rings are narrower and the enamel is not sunken. I have read somewhere that the M1/102 marked badges are suspect? The motive around the outside also is slightly off. I count 5 leaves between the rifle stocks on the two posted and mine shows only 4. Any further info would be great, thanks.
    Tom
    hi tom sunken enamels is not good and would be enough to make me walk away, ade shows an original here

Thanks Ewan. Ade's one is the one I was comparing it to, but his is by a different maker so slight variations would not be uncommon. Yet I remember reading somewhere that there a a load of fake badges with the M1/102 marking. I went to a few dealer's sites to compare and most of them have the ones by the same maker and look the same, but that says nothing.
    Tom

Hi Tom, I think I would pass on this one too. I am not happy with the makers marks. But M1/102 is a legitimate maker of this award.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade. I am aware that Frank & Rief made them, but a lot of the modern fakes are also marked like this, ergo my concern.
    Tom

Well, I got a better photo and the enamel is not sunken after all. The maker mark is the same as some others I have seen. Possibly pre-dates the one where the one's (1) have a "tail".
    Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images Help - HJ shooting badge 

?

Hi Tom,
    personal opinion: I've bad feeling with this pin.
    exspecially for the 2 on "102" typical of modern fake.
    I'm sure you found another one ....... better than this.

Thanks Massimo. What do you think of this one?
    Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help - HJ shooting badge  

?

Tom,
    I would like one also front pics, but pheraps same mm of the first pic........ ??? !! ??

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast