MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help with HY armband

Article about: Hello, I was hoping someone with more knowledge than I have (none) could tell me if these armbands look to originals or not. This type of thing is outside my area of expertise. I’d appreci

?

Default Help with HY armband

Hello, I was hoping someone with more knowledge than I have (none) could tell me if these armbands look to originals or not. This type of thing is outside my area of expertise. I’d appreciate it. Help with HY armbandHelp with HY armbandHelp with HY armbandHelp with HY armbandHelp with HY armbandHelp with HY armbandHelp with HY armbandHelp with HY armbandHelp with HY armband

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with HY armband
    P
    Many

Hi Adcono,

The photos aren’t the best, so always try and take some close up, straight and focused shots of these. This is because the key to authentication is to look closely at the materials and construction.

The materials and construction are typical for the wool version of the NSDAP armband and it looks original, although from the photos the swastika looks a little uneven.

?

Thanks for the reply. I should be able to get some better photos posted this evening. Does the uneven swastika indicate an issue or just the nature of a handmade item and still normal? I appreciate the help.

I’m happy to help!

As you say these were handmade (in the millions) so you see slight differences etc, but in my opinion this is a nice original example.

It could be that it wasn’t totally flat when the photos were taken, so appears slightly ‘wonkey’. But the materials and construction look typical for an original armband.

Here are a few threads for you to look at. You will see what I mean about the materials and construction of originals and how they match your example.

nsdap armband wool

NSDAP Wool Armband/kampfbinde

At the bottom of page 1 are two I own. One is made cotton and the other is made of wool.

ARMBAND - Real or fake? Need to decide ASAP

?

Thanks that’s very helpful. Do you have an opinion on the Hitler youth band?

?

Also it doesn’t appear that there was an rzm tag on the backside of the rondel. Is this typical?

Sorry, I’m not sure on the hitler youth armband, but better photos would help other members to say if it is ok.

As for the rzm tag, I’ve seen them with and without them, so It’s possible it has fallen off, been removed or never had one attached.

?

Gotcha, I’ll see what I can get later this evening. Thank you.

No problem.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast