Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hit Of HJ from Family

Article about: Hi Havent been on war relics much in the years but starting to poke around here. Just got this in today from the grandson, nothing mindblowing but a nice little hit. Best, D

Default Hit Of HJ from Family

Hi

Havent been on war relics much in the years but starting to poke around here.

Just got this in today from the grandson, nothing mindblowing but a nice little hit.

Best,
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hit Of HJ from Family  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hit Of HJ from Family
    P
    Many

Default Re: Hit Of HJ from Family

Very nice, 231 is for which Bann? Dusseldorf?
    Michel

A great pickup and nice 50 year faithful service medal. IMO a great haul!

Thank you, Glen.

?

nice set of items

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    Very nice, 231 is for which Bann? Dusseldorf?
    Michel
    Triangle patch says West Dusseldorf so I guess yes.
    Nice grouping
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Awesome hit Dion! Bann 231 is Bergisch Land of the West Dusseldorf Gebeit, so yes the insignia is matching. The Striefendienst straps look great and the Rottenfuhrer set appear to have factory sewn litzen. Very nice. I like them a lot!

Darin

Hi, thaanks Frank, nice to find you here. Would anyone know which lanyards match up with the boards? Of course the streifendienst is the white lanyard, it also appears the SD lanyard is factory sewn to the boards.

Dion, the lanyards represent these ranks,
    Red and White is for an HJ-Ober/Kamradschaftsfuhrer or a DJ-Ober/Jugenschaftsfuhrer.
    Green and Black represents an HJ-Hauptscharfuhrer, DJ-Hauptjungzugfuhrer.
    Green and White represents an HJ-Haupt/Ober/Gefolgschaftfuhrer, DJ-Haupt/Ober/Fahnleinfuhrer.
    The White represents an HJ-Ober/Stammfuhrer, DJ-Ober/Jungstammfuhrer. The higher D.J. ranks used straps like H.J. straps with mouse grey numerals and piping, often misidentified as Striefendienst with straps that are dirty but compared side by side the color difference is pretty obvious.

These lanyards don't exactly match up to the rank indicated on the straps shown. The D.J. rank patches are for the ranks of Oberjungenschaftsführer and
    Jungzugführer so it's possible a couple of them were used with the D.J. straps, and it's also possible that the Rottenfuhrer could have served as an Ober/Kamradschaftsfuhrer.

The Striefendienst set appears to be for a Gefolgschaftsfuhrer unless it is missing a fourth pip which would make them for a Stammfuhrer, but normally a Stammfuhrer would use a black strap that has internal stiffeners making it more like a "board" than a strap, without numbers or having silver embroidered numbers and piping, or metallic numbers. It's possible that a Gefolgschaftsfuhrer may have served in a temporary capacity as a Stammfuhrer using the white lanyard as the lanyards not only represented rank but position as well sometimes.

Hopefully Wim Saris will comment here as well as he has a lot more knowledge than I do regarding lanyards and H.J. rank structure and positions. If the Strief set come up for sale or trade let me know.

Darin

Thanks Frank, the red boards had rank pips removed. Iam trying to group it together for my site , so I will match the lanyards to the rank pips, this is more confusing then Wehrmacht ranks lol.

Best,
    D

I did find a linsen that just slipped out of the box it all came in
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hit Of HJ from Family  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast