Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hitler Youth Auslander Foreign Member Badge

Article about: *

Default Hitler Youth Auslander Foreign Member Badge

i am think is German Hitler Jungend German Youth Auslander Foreign Member Badge

It measures 23 mm x 15 mm
    your opinion

no mark on back
    thanks to all for see my post and answer my question your the best
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Youth Auslander Foreign Member Badge  
    Attached Images Attached Images Hitler Youth Auslander Foreign Member Badge 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Youth Auslander Foreign Member Badge
    P
    Many

Default Re: Hitler Youth Auslander Foreign Member Badge

No; it has nothing to do with the HJ. This is a membership pin for the Reichskolonialbund (Reichs Colonial League).

That sunken enamel makes me leery of this one, and the pin on the back. Not a badge guy, more experienced members will know if it's good.

Quote by FrankBooth View Post
    That sunken enamel makes me leery of this one, and the pin on the back. Not a badge guy, more experienced members will know if it's good.

darin i agree the enamel and lack of ''crispness'' to the front would make me worry, then you see the coffin shaped pin which is a no go

Anything with that shaped pin plates worries me

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I have seen the patch version of this several times being a police collector. However I have not seen this pin version. Furthermore, I think this looks a little different than the original design which I believe DID NOT have a swastika on it. Am I wrong about this? Is this a fantasy piece?

-Martin

Quote by martinsuper View Post
    I have seen the patch version of this several times being a police collector. However I have not seen this pin version. Furthermore, I think this looks a little different than the original design which I believe DID NOT have a swastika on it. Am I wrong about this? Is this a fantasy piece?
    This "Southern Cross" design was taken from a colonial flag from 1885.
    It was used as a traditions badge by several Landespolizei/Schutzpolizei formations who carried the traditions of the former Imperial-era German colonial police forces. (This included the Landespolizeigruppe "General Göring" whose first Hundertschaft bore the traditions of the German-East African police force.) These units wore the "Southern Cross" shield as a cloth badge on the lower left sleeve; it also appeared on flags and standards.
    The Reichskolonialbund also used the "Southern Cross" as its emblem and as a cloth badge worn on the lower left sleeve.
    These cloth versions did indeed not have the central Swastika emblem.
    The pin version worn by members of the Reichskolonialbund on civilian clothes as a membership badge had a slightly different design (outline, proportions etc.) and bore the central Swastika emblem, though.
    (I am not saying that the item pictured above is original, just that it is not a fantasy item.)

Default Reichskolonialbund

In my opinion, a fake of what is regarded by many as a quite rare "membership" badge. As having already been spotted, horrible quality "enamel", a crude design "frame" for the enamel and the ubiquitous "coffin" shaped pin retainer.

Regards,

David

Default Reichskolonialbund Abzeichen

Just to "square the circle" on this thread as they say, whilst rattling around one of the German dealers updates today, I came across this super Reichskolonialbund members badge.

Just for comparison of course and against the one which was originally posted.

Regards,

David

the differences are readily apparent,,thanks for posting pics of the real one...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast