Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Hitlerjugend collection can

Article about: Hello friends, I would appreciate opinions on this supposed HJ donations collection can. Although it has a different form to another one I have I imagine there was some variation in construc

?

Default Hitlerjugend collection can

Hello friends,

I would appreciate opinions on this supposed HJ donations collection can.

Although it has a different form to another one I have I imagine there was some variation in construction of these.It has what looks like a helmet decal to the front rather than the wrap-around paper band one usually sees. Under a loupe this decal has definite saw-tooth edges of varying sizes to the lines. I know this doesn't bose well but it does at least appear to be a multi-layer construction based on the areas with damage. There is a transparent layer/lacquer over the top. Can overall is unmarked.

Thanks for looking.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitlerjugend collection can
    P
    Many

I have a small dose ( can ) with no Gau stamped into it, just the paper label

Hitlerjugend collection can Hitlerjugend collection can Hitlerjugend collection can

Its a bit battered......but honest. Yours looks a 'little' too good to be true?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I am not a fan of this donation can. It does not look like the typcial design one would see on a HJ can. I think the decal is a reproduction that was added to deceive and increase the price.

A shame really.,,., It looks like it may have been a decent looking can minus the handle.

Smitty

MAP
    ?

Decal is a fantasy design and as noted, the saw tooth edges (which can be seen without even expanding the photo) confines this to the the dustbin.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Too bad someone had to get jiggy with the decal to make it more than it is.

Here are my Donation Pieces

"It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

I like that Kirk...most impressive is that little rope lock which has been on there since that time period. Really cool
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Fiore View Post
    Hello friends,

I would appreciate opinions on this supposed HJ donations collection can.

Although it has a different form to another one I have I imagine there was some variation in construction of these.It has what looks like a helmet decal to the front rather than the wrap-around paper band one usually sees. Under a loupe this decal has definite saw-tooth edges of varying sizes to the lines. I know this doesn't bose well but it does at least appear to be a multi-layer construction based on the areas with damage. There is a transparent layer/lacquer over the top. Can overall is unmarked.

Thanks for looking.

As Rossi has stated this isn't the typical "Wesco" wartime design. Does it have any markings on the base?

?

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    As Rossi has stated this isn't the typical "Wesco" wartime design. Does it have any markings on the base?
    Totally unmarked. Another bad sign I guess.

Quote by Fiore View Post
    Totally unmarked. Another bad sign I guess.
    I suspect this is a later collection tin branded as HJ.

MAP
    ?

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    I suspect this is a later collection tin branded as HJ.
    Or earlier (pre RZM).
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)