Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Hitlerjugend plaque/award fantasy?

Article about: Hello gents, i am curious about this allegedly hitlerjugend award, because i have never seen something like this before. Maybe it really is some sort of wartime plague as seller claims, but

Default Hitlerjugend plaque/award fantasy?

Hello gents, i am curious about this allegedly hitlerjugend award, because i have never seen something like this before. Maybe it really is some sort of wartime plague as seller claims, but i think that this is some fantasy postwar item. What are your opinions about this award?
    Kindest regards,
    Franko
    PS
    Happy new year and all the best!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitlerjugend plaque/award fantasy?
    P
    Many

Hello Franko. I found another offered on a auctioneers site. It s purportedly to be an award for bowling? Seems far fetched to me personally. I would point out that both cases have little to no wear on them, and the medals don't have the detail that I would expect to see of a period piece, especially the HJ diamond it just doesn't stand out. And the piece doesn't scream bowling champion if that is indeed what it's intended purpose was if real? Worth note the HJ as I understood it most definitely did emphasize physical fitness but more often than not most of the competitions were centered around activity that could be useful in combat as well and bowling doesn't correlate in any way I can see? JMO. I would also like to see more detailed photos of the medal both front and back before I would say a definitive yes or no but as it is I'm heavily leaning towards no. Kindest regards. And HAPPY NEW YEAR to all.

Brian

Hitlerjugend plaque/award fantasy?Hitlerjugend plaque/award fantasy?

Thanks Brian, like in many cases before its the same story here for getting additional or better pictures. I'll try of course, but i think we will stay on this photos from ad. All in all, very strange award in my opinion for HJ so definetively i wouldnt buy this. Regardless that i have wondered is it real or some fantasy and it seems that its closer to be some postwar fantasy item, because that explanation that this was awarded for bowling doesnt sound convincingly at all.
    Best regards, Franko

?

These were quite common a few years ago loads of them around, one surfaced in a large HJ group to a
    swimmer I think. They used this to justify them being original,i would not want one in my collection
    Mametz