Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HJ Schießwart (Schiesswart) Cuff Title

Article about: Not really big into the HJ scene, but I got this at a good price.

?

Default HJ Schießwart (Schiesswart) Cuff Title

Not really big into the HJ scene, but I got this at a good price.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Schießwart (Schiesswart) Cuff Title
    P
    Many

It's definetly a repro.

Welcome to the Forum, Aiur... It's always a good idea to post items before spending your money...

?

Quote by NSDAP Sammler View Post
    It's definetly a repro.
    It was part of a deal that included a NSRKB Rhein leader cuff, which is definitely real, and is what I was after. Maybe the guy was just trying to offload this as well, knowing it was a repro. Couldn't care less either way. If it's a repro, I'll just probably give it away. All that being said, I did some searching before I bought it. If it is a repro, I haven't come across a single picture of a real one. Care to share one?

?

Quote by Aiur View Post
    It was part of a deal that included a NSRKB Rhein leader cuff, which is definitely real, and is what I was after. Maybe the guy was just trying to offload this as well, knowing it was a repro. Couldn't care less either way. If it's a repro, I'll just probably give it away. All that being said, I did some searching before I bought it. If it is a repro, I haven't come across a single picture of a real one. Care to share one?
    Hello ! I personally would just keep it somewhere as a reminder that fakes are present everywhere and to further study, giving it away may present a situation you are currently facing, for instance, it falls into the hands of a seller, then the buyer recieves it and then THEY find out it's a fake, all around a bad situation for everyone involved, I sometimes use indelible pens / markers and write on the item 'RP' (reproduction), so that will immediately raise a flag for a potential buyer in the future, Just my opinion, G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

I believe that I can safely say that it's happened to all of us in our years of collecting... I've actually managed to accumulate a small box of them myself, lol...

For comparison...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Schießwart (Schiesswart) Cuff Title  

?

Quote by GlennAgain View Post
    For comparison...
    Maybe my eyes are bad, but I see no difference at all to the one I have. BTW, I wouldn't exactly call eMedals a reputable site. Look at this beauty of a listing from them. Germany, Luftwaffe. A DAK (German Africa Corps) Fallschirmjager Cufftitle - Afrika - Third Reich Cufftitles - Germany - Europe. I asked them what source they used to determine that thing was real, because I have one as well, but I bought knowing it was some kind of post-war fantasy thing someone came up with. They never got back to me.

?

Hello, one has to be knowledgeable of the items they seek, some dealers, especially Emedals care less about authenticity but rather the profits, ultimately it is on you when purchasing memorabilia, educating ones self is the best approach, when in doubt, inquire on the Forum BRFORE the buy..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Hello, one has to be knowledgeable of the items they seek, some dealers, especially Emedals care less about authenticity but rather the profits, ultimately it is on you when purchasing memorabilia, educating ones self is the best approach, when in doubt, inquire on the Forum BRFORE the buy..
    I'll ask again. If this is such a blatant reproduction, can you show me what a real one looks like? Or, at the very least, explain what it should look like? The "genuine" one Glenn linked is exactly the same as the one I have in front of me, so, there's clearly some confusion here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast