Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

HJ Shooting Badge Authentic ?

Article about: I've had this badge for many years and always assumed it was a reproduction. It looks great to the naked eye but when you take some macro pictures it reveals some flaws like the lack of deta

?

Default HJ Shooting Badge Authentic ?

I've had this badge for many years and always assumed it was a reproduction. It looks great to the naked eye but when you take some macro pictures it reveals some flaws like the lack of detail on the wreath, the rough sheared metal surrounding the enamel, the makers mark and the irregularities of the swastika. It also has a weird rough painted feel to it. I thought I'd post it and put it to rest whether its a fake or not. I took several close up shots in different lighting conditions. Thanks in advance for your help. Al.

HJ Shooting Badge Authentic ?HJ Shooting Badge Authentic ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Shooting Badge Authentic ?
    P
    Many

Hey Al. I would be inclined to share your concerns. I d be wary of any 102 marked shooting badges, as I too have been burnt before; having said that yours is more convincing than mine. I agree the wreath/leaf detail is lacking sharpness, also of note to me is the nearly cut off top portion of the letter Z in the rzm logo, and the haphazard placement of the circular pin attachment plate (misaligned with it's orientation marks). It is puzzling the round circular mark adjacent to the MM seen on early production party badges, but I think put there to decieve. I m posting one from Weitze's site I believe to be a good example, but real badges marked 102 are hard to come by and imo yours is an older reproduction sorry to say. Kindest regards.

Brian

My example

closeups of my HJ shooting badge (as requested) fake!

?

Brian, thanks for info and the link. You are absolutely right about the misaligned pin attachment among other things. You would think after going through so much trouble fabricating a forgery they would take the time to properly attach the pin. BTW, I love the comments by the banned Joe Rivett on the link you put up. I follow his videos on YouTube as Micro Macro since he's been banned from every forum, informative and hilarious. Check them out if you haven't done so already, especially wittman and walter hawking edelweiss toilet paper and hitler head xmas balls.

Lol Al. Yes that was my introduction to Jo's "personality" back when I was alot less "educated" not implying that I am educated today! He's certainly an acquired taste but credit where it's due he does know his stuff... however he can be abrasive if taken at face value, which I believe is wholly his intent; and would take that as a compliment. His book is totally worth the investment I will give him that, and unless I'm mistaken I do think he still posts on the HJ forum? I ll half to check out his videos I'm sure they are a trip. Thanks! Best regards.

Brian