Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

HJ Ski-Cap #2

Article about: Smaller size HJ Winter-Cap, Private Purchase Label, shows very little wear... cheers, Glenn

Greetings, Friends...
    After months of waiting, I finally received a reply -and an Authentication- from Hutkoenig, the manufacturer of my cap via Facebook Message this morning...

"Guten Tag,
    die Form der Mütze gab es schon vor dem 2. Weltkrieg. Ein genaues Datum der Herstellung oder wann die Form zum ersten Mal auftauchte kann ich Ihnen leider nicht nennen. Ihr Exemplar ist definitiv ein noch sehr gut erhaltenes Model von vor dem 2. Weltkrieg.
    Ich hoffe wir konnten Ihnen damit etwas helfen."

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
    ihr Hutkönig-Team

TRANSLATION:
    Good Day,
    This type of cap existed before WWII. The exact date of manufacture or introduction is not known, but your example is definitely a still very well preserved Pre-WWII Model ...I hope that we were able to help you...
    with kind regards,
    Your Hutkoenig Team

--I'm glad that I went along with my Instincts on this one...
    -Glenn-
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Ski-Cap #2   HJ Ski-Cap #2  

Attached Images Attached Images HJ Ski-Cap #2 
    Last edited by GlennAgain; 03-29-2022 at 05:46 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Ski-Cap #2
    P
    Many

CSW
    ?

Not my area at all but: how fascinating to receive such an insightful and polite reply from the original manufacturer! Very cool indeed

CBH
    ?

So long story short, a civilian cap with an HJ pin attached, pre-war or post- war is irrelevant.

Quote by CBH View Post
    a civilian cap with an HJ pin attached, pre-war or post- war is irrelevant.
    I think there is considerable difference.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

CBH
    ?

So it’s not a civilian hat?

Quote by CBH View Post
    So it’s not a civilian hat?
    What does that have to do with "pre-war or post-war is irrelevant"?
    I don't think anyone denied it could be civilian, but from the photos posted, this type of cap was clearly worn by some HJ members.
    What is your purpose for posting on this thread, other than to attack Glenn?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I think he wanted clarification, as I was about to the same question

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

CBH
    ?

If the buckle isn’t RZM marked, the cap is civilian, the Germans had lots of rules about stuff like that. Why are you here fervently defending a civilian cap?

Quote by CBH View Post
    If the buckle isn’t RZM marked, the cap is civilian, the Germans had lots of rules about stuff like that. Why are you here fervently defending a civilian cap?
    I am not defending whether it is civilian or not, if you read post #16.
    I ask you to clarify what you meant "pre-war or post-war is irrelevant". I think this makes a big difference.
    If this was manufactured pre war, it could very well have been worn by a HJ member, I did not say it was official.
    Ralph.

CBH
    ?

The photo evidence shows them in wear during the war, even if it was against regulations.
    My point is you have a nonissue hat with HJ insignia, when this happened is impossible to know.
    I’m under the impression that these continued to be produced post-war, thus collectors have always been very weary of these, even with the period photos of them in use.
    Would you want this cap in your collection?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast